SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 212 Posts

·
Damien McBarron
641 Posts
yes it looks great! its just a shame that it isn't in the larger areas, and that the pictures won't load. I cant see all of the pictures. Can you?
Do bear in mind it's only become available since the weekend & is not yet official/announced. It was like this when Edinburgh got Building Maker Coverage (the imagery didn't line up with Google Earth at first).

I suspect it will work better from when Google Announces the release.

·
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
What areas of London are you currently modelling?
UKbuilder/Jack Is doing some models in the central part of London. But is as well the one modeling in Westminster, Southbank and Holborn/convent garden. While Supertall Robbo/Matt is modeling in The City and has started in Canary wharf. But actually he has also been modeling a lot of the flats in the outskirts (to many to name :) ) And I am modeling in The City, and started in Islington yesterday.
Is that what you wanted to know? :dunno:

·
If seagulls could talk...
701 Posts
Hey Great stuff guys! In years to come, everyone in London will be familiar with the models you created!

Can you share any shortcuts or lessons you've learned about how to model?
I'm starting to do Auckland City in 3D (trying to make it as high quality and accurate as possible). I can get some pretty good results, but it's taking a long time (8hrs per building, or more). Cheers!
Sam.

·
Damien McBarron
641 Posts
In Foreground is my HMS Belfast model created for Worldin3D.com. The rest by other modellers, mostly as part of the Lond 3D Project. Looking good guys :)

·
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
@AK-Sam - I am working on it. We had one op but it had to bee removed. So expect one soon :)

@Damo - Wow Looking great. And what a view. Its going to be great when we can make screen shots, including 3D buildings in the whole city! Thanks fot the great picture ;)

·
Tax avoider
24,015 Posts
You guys are doing such a great job it seems churlish to ask, but do you have any plans do create any of the London stations soon? Not only would they fill large gaps in the map, but they're often fascinating structures in their own right.

Kings Cross (or is it King's Cross?) looks fantastic, but it would be awesome if it had St Pancras next to it... :)

·
3,554 Posts
I pity the guy who has to draw up The Arcelor Mittal Orbit!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great work! Wondered where all these new London models had suddenly come from in Google Earth. I've started doing a few London Building Maker things here

·
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
^^ Thank you :D

So I just saw that a lot of people started making models containing (London3Dproject) Could you please tell me your user names in warehouse so I can find the models and upload them to the collections? Otherwise I have to search all of London :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
First off great work on the 3D project guys, someone needs to do it if google isnt going to! ... I've just noticed today Google Earth seems to have updated all it's aerial photos of London, you can now see Heron tower under construction and the construction sites of 20 Fenchurch Street, the Pinnacle and the Leadenhall building to name a few.

81 - 100 of 212 Posts