Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jonas's latest amazing photos. I post them here because Jonas is unfortunately banned at SSC. This time from ExCeL:
Late Saturday evening and two of us (me and another SSP forumer Mercutio, known as Monkey over SSC) went for a little walk in London DOcklands to grab some nightshots of Canary Wharf and Millenium Dome. The areas in that part of London don't seem exacty pleasant neither safe (warehouses, doddgy clubs, dark side streets... not a place to go with a camera)

a map to illustrate the location

On the way, still in Baker Street station, we'll be on the opposite side of London in about 20 minutes

A nice surprise, a place we didn't plan to go to. A beautiful and charming Thai restaurant Nakhon Thai near our destination ExCeL exhibition centre in East London. We had some chicken Satay, rice and Singha beer, it was absolutely great :tup:

Waitress

That's pretty much the view we came for, Millenium Dome and Canary Wharf

Despite looking like something from a sci-fi movie it's only a footbridge over a dock. The interesting feature of the bridge is that first you have to get ontop of it by using an elevator (you can use stairs if you want as well) then go to the other end and get down in the same way

On the bridge

Views from the bridge towards Canary Wharf

End :)

(c) Jonas

·
Blue Collar
899 Posts
night shots always bring out the sexy skyline shots..
Canary wharf is looking good, the tower with the pointy top really looks nice.

·
Don't Stare!
1,332 Posts
I went into Canary Wharf and WOW.Anyone going to London check it out because it's so clean and modern.probably the best skyline in Europe i would say and is still growing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts