SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new apartment, and JHC was the first on my list.
Un fucking real. There is no reason to live anywhere else. The 44th floor features:

A lobby that has huge windows facing south east towards Navy Pier and Streeterville.

A fitness center that faces the westside and the Loop.

A swimming pool that faces to the Loop and down Mag Mile.

A grocery store that faces north to LP and the Lake.

The studio I looked at faces towards Navy Pier on the 50TH!
Good size, for $1,050 a month.

·
Registered
469 Posts
$1,050 per month for one of the most, if not THE most prominent address in the city? Are you kidding me?

The only negative I see to living in the Hancock Center is that you can't LOOK at the Hancock center...LOL. I've got a great view of this building from my balcony...just my favorite building in the city. If you've got a chance to live in a building like that for $1,050 per month, and the studio has decent space and amentities, I say you'd be crazy not to go for it.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
I would for it if I have the $$$. BTW, how big is the space you purchasing?

Why do you still have to think(unless, you are afraid of heights)?

·
Registered
62 Posts
spyguy999 said:
Don't forget access to the Cheesecake factory!
On top of that, you get VIP treatment. No matter how long the wait is, if you call down and tell them that you are coming, they will have a table ready when you get there. I'm not a huge cheeskace F fan, but it was fun to impress your friends and family. Also it's nice to be able to call down and get it to go.

They never verify you are an actual resident, so the next time you want to go to the Cheesecake Factory call the from the cell phone and say "this is Mike Hunt from 6319 and I'm coming down". No wait.

I lived in a 1BR for 1700 shortly after 9/11/01 and then moved into 2br for 1600 in 2003. Fucking Sweet! (the guy wanted 2400 for the 2br but gave me a deal) The 1br was about 950 sq feet and the 2br about 1200 sq feet. Fricking huge! Best two+ years of my life.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It might have to wait 6 months...they wanted a check for security deposit and 1st month by Saturday :(

I just paid my rent and other bills, so the $2100 isn't there. Maybe in Janunary :). Im still across the street from the JHC, as long as I can stay on Delaware, Im happy. Besides, the JHC is more than enough motivation to save up money.

·
Formerly InTheLoop
485 Posts
The studios range from 560 to 670 sq ft. Not bad for a studio, not bad at all. The ceiling height is at least 8 1/2 feet and goes up to 11 feet on the upper residential floors. The units can be picked up for as little as 200K, which also isn't bad.
I have dreamed of living in the Hancock since I was a little kid, and still hold on to the dream, I don't care that the building is nearly 40 years old. It will always be a classy place to live.

Here are details on the studio floorplans:
Hancock Studio Floorplans

1 - 15 of 15 Posts