SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

i am going to bangkok soon for 3-4weeks and i am looking for a 4 stars hotel not far from Town in Town, Ladprao , Wangthonglang,
Bangkok 10310, THAILAND.

i don't want to be stuck in a taxi in traffic jams for 1hour per day, i don't mind taking a taxi for 20-25min if it is a nice hotel.

please advise. any help is more than welcome.

Are there hours at which one can avoid traffic jams in Thailand? like traffic jams start at 8AM so if I take a taxi at 7:30 am I will be fine?

·
MOLON LAVE
875 Posts
Hello everyone,

i am going to bangkok soon for 3-4weeks and i am looking for a 4 stars hotel not far from Town in Town, Ladprao 94, Wangthonglang,
Bangkok 10310, THAILAND.

i don't want to be stuck in a taxi in traffic jams for 1hour per day, i don't mind taking a taxi for 20-25min if it is a nice hotel.

please advise. any help is more than welcome.

Are there hours at which one can avoid traffic jams in Thailand? like traffic jams start at 8AM so if I take a taxi at 7:30 am I will be fine?
Helloo...
Bangkok has an excelent transportation system,withe the sky train and the subway you can go everywhere on the intresting parts and attractions of the city witout having to be stucked in traffic....otherwsie taxis are amazingly cheap....but really with skytrain you can simolky go everywhere,and also using a river boat you can see al the major attractions on the way....
i recomend Hotel rembrand,http://www.rembrandtbkk.com/
the hotel is 5 minutes walk from the nearest sky train station and 10 minutes from the main centre of the city,,,
but if you can aford it..i strongly recomend Hotel Sofitel Silom...an amazing hotel in the best location of the city....at Silom road in walking dstance from everywhere plus the silom station next....traffic in the city can be a serious issue
Enjoy Bangkok...one of my favourite cities,truly Asian and truly enjoyfull...

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Hmm.. i think you get more answer in Thai forum

Thailand- is a great country and definitely the best country in the world for tourism

·
The Mighty.
3,184 Posts
Make sure you're not carrying any drugs that you know of, or do not know of!
Don't meet any shadey characters that want you to be a drug mule.
Watch 'Brokedown Palace' before you go.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Make sure you're not carrying any drugs that you know of, or do not know of!
Don't meet any shadey characters that want you to be a drug mule.
Watch 'Brokedown Palace' before you go.
wow, what a prick, i hope u were just kidding :bash:

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,278 Posts
Helloo...
Bangkok has an excelent transportation system,withe the sky train and the subway you can go everywhere on the intresting parts and attractions of the city witout having to be stucked in traffic....otherwsie taxis are amazingly cheap....but really with skytrain you can simolky go everywhere,and also using a river boat you can see al the major attractions on the way....
i recomend Hotel rembrand,http://www.rembrandtbkk.com/
the hotel is 5 minutes walk from the nearest sky train station and 10 minutes from the main centre of the city,,,
but if you can aford it..i strongly recomend Hotel Sofitel Silom...an amazing hotel in the best location of the city....at Silom road in walking dstance from everywhere plus the silom station next....traffic in the city can be a serious issue
Enjoy Bangkok...one of my favourite cities,truly Asian and truly enjoyfull...
You should be honest.
The skytrain is good but it covers only half of the interesting stuff.

National Museum, Wat Phrae Kaeo, Wat Po and many more are some km away from the nearest skytrain or metro station.

But he should go for a hotel near a skytrain or a metro station. It`s much easier that way.

Watch out for people that want to trick you. They are very creative but they shwo to fast what they want.

The smog is really bad. Make trips to places outside the city from time to time.

I enjoyed my trip and i will go again to Bangkok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts