SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a thread for some of the projects that are underway an the area Lorensborg and Bellevuegården. Malmö has some ambitious plans lined up, that will add more buildings in the area and give it a more city urban feel. The area is today dominated by buildings from the milion programme.

Overview over the plans from the Malmö city planning office

Bellevuegården - red markings are new buildings.

The new houses have six floors.

Bellevuegården on the other side of Lorensborgsgatan will be extended with penthouse appartments, new appartment buildings and row houses.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are some images of the new buildings in Bellevuegården form Stena Fastigheter.

And here's a bonus picture that I took. Construction of Huse A is well under way.

All of this has not come without a fight. Over 700 people have protested against the plans. The link to Sydsvenskan also contains other reports that highlights the drama. On the place where I took the above photo was once a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here are some more pictures from the densification of Bellevuegården - a project that more than 700 people protested against. But it was all for nothing, as Malmö pressed the densification plans forward, and thereby told the protesters, that their voice doesn't matter enough to stop it.

Bellevuegården is around forty years old, and is an area that already has a high density. Now, more people are to be squeezed into this area. All around Bellevuegården are lush green gardens and quiet roads with beautiful villas and row houses. Those areas will never be densified, because there lives another class of people, that owns their property. Without ownership, your voice becomes tiny and negligible and easily overheard. Even if it's a choir of 700 people - and that's just those who spoke up.

In the background is a kindergarden made of bricks - a nice addition to the area. The new tall houses with 8 floors, will change the area - will it be for the better?

The area was before a parking lot with some greenery next to the tall house on the left. Perhaps nothing much is lost?

In the next courtyard, the builders are preparing the site. Notice the entrance to the underground parking facility. This will be incorporated into the new buildings build above it. The forty year old trees have been protected. That is most likely appreciated by all those who live there. I wonder if the change is for the better.

This project might not be "interesting" or "prestigious" - but it's something that has a real impact on many people, and can have consequences for many more areas in Malmö. It's important that the project will turn out positive for the area - but in this also lies a grain of injustice.

Välfärdsplaneringens grönskas tendens att vara organiserad i olika skalor gör visas områden lättare att förtäta, inte minst offentligt ägda flerfamiljshusområden, vilket i sin tur öppnar för en systematisk orättvis förtätning av de redan mest intensivt bebodda platserna i miljonprogrammen och lämnar samtidigt deras radhus- och villaområden orörda.
Johan Pries - Biträdande universitetslektor

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am surprised how quick this progressed. I thought that the project was merely in the planning stages, especially considering the recent protests.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@LastGammal , I found a press release from Malmö Stad. They are going to add around 1.2000 new units to the area.

Here's a recent shot of Bellevuegården. Notice how it floats in a sea of greenery and low density neighbourhoods - this dense spot is going to be deinsified even more, so as to create a more urban environment, and transform Lorensborgsgatan to a main street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts