SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
meow
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Continuing on my trip, now it's Los Angeles! I really loved this city, in the areas we drove around the streets were very clean, we didn't see any decayed buildings or holes in the streets/highways. Beverly Hills is so charming, Rodeo Drive is so fancy and Santa Monica is so cool. I also really liked Hollywood. I spent only 1 day and a half in this city, I hope next time I have the oportunity to do more things in California. It's a great place.

Now, the pics:

00 - Sunset Boulevard

01 - Santa Monica Boulevard

06 - Hollywood Boulevard

08 - Nice house in the hills in Hollywood

09 - Hollywood

10 - Hollywood Boulevard once again

11 - Kodak Theater and a small shopping mall next to it

12 - Hollywood Boulevard

13 - Downtown Los Angeles seen from Hollywood

19 - Beverly Hills

20 - Street in Beverly Hills

21 -

23 - Rodeo Drive

26 - Urban elements in Rodeo Drive heh

30 - More Rodeo Drive

31 - Via Rodeo

36 - Another Skyline (could someone tell me where it is?)

37 - Santa Monica

38 - Santa Monica Pier

41 - I think that's LA Cathedral (someone correct me please)

42 - Avenue of the Stars (I think)

43 - In the traffic jam...

I hope u guys liked it! :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
very nice thanks:)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Photo 41

Thank you for the tour. The building in photo 41 is a temple operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
LAX is such a wonderful city .....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Clay_Rock said:
Thank you for the tour. The building in photo 41 is a temple operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
To use a more familiar term: it's the Mormon temple.

Nice photos. There's obviously far more to LA than these polished bits, but your cross section of the north of the valley brings me back good memories.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Brilliant!!!

I loved the pictures of Hollywood Blvd. and Rodeo Drive. Those are my two favourite places in LA as they're both glamourous and very Hollywood-like!

·
Registered
182 Posts
raymond_tung88 said:
Brilliant!!!

I loved the pictures of Hollywood Blvd. and Rodeo Drive. Those are my two favourite places in LA as they're both glamourous and very Hollywood-like!
Hollywood Blvd used to be quite gritty a few years ago. At least, it was not glamourous. The city was trying to reinvent and improve it. How far has it come towards that end?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
seattlehawk said:
Hollywood Blvd used to be quite gritty a few years ago. At least, it was not glamourous. The city was trying to reinvent and improve it. How far has it come towards that end?

Its changed Dramatically! there are bars and clubs literally everywhere between Hollywood and Sunset (not the Sunset in West Hollywood, the one directly beneath Hollywood Blvd) and the connecting streets like Vine, Cahuenga, La Brea, etc all have bars and clubs now. Also there are NUMEROUS Mega projects around VIne including over 1000 Lofts/Condos Under Construction, Hotels (W hotel for one) and Retail being built all over. its looking fantastic and it will be 10 times better in 3 years.

Oh the LA Cathedral is in Downtown LA.

·
Registered
905 Posts
How glamorous! Great pics!

·
Registered
109 Posts
seattlehawk said:

True. Hollywood in general was pretty rundown in the early nineties but has rebounded quite nicely.

Imo, Melrose needs to be photographed more often, it's a really eclectic area with clothing stores galore.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Love your pics!

BTW, can someone explain how this "smog check" works? We don't have that here in Chicago area, just curious, thanks! :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts