SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1216 Posts

·
17,983 Posts
Yeah, and the other Meis designed featured a diving tower:

Would love LAFC to get something like Vodafone Arena, but on a smaller scale and with a safe standing area.

·
4,117 Posts
Should be getting some new renderings soon. I sent them an email suggesting a less modern design and more in line with the rest of the Expo Park campus. So we'll see.
Honestly, i really like the juxtaposition of old and new. I really like the look of the stadium as is. I would just like them to bump up the seating capacity to at least 25,000, ideally closer to 30k. They are severely underestimating how good they will do

·
Registered
116 Posts
Honestly, i really like the juxtaposition of old and new. I really like the look of the stadium as is. I would just like them to bump up the seating capacity to at least 25,000, ideally closer to 30k. They are severely underestimating how good they will do
I agree that they are underestimating how well they will do but I guess I would rather have them be conservative than have a half empty stadium.

The thing I worry about with this stadium design is that expansion looks expensive. Shouldn't most new MLS stadiums be designed with easy expansion down the road?

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Updated timeline via LAFC and PCL Construction:

Demolition of the Los Angeles Sports arena is expected to commence in June 2016 with construction commencing in October 2016 and completing in the first quarter of 2018.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Anyone familiar with architecture firms know what's happening here?

LAFC ‏@LAFC 29m29 minutes ago
Bringing our future home to life with @GenslerOnCities. What do you want to see at the stadium?

Anyone familiar with PR can tell you: the PR guy picked out two guys who look like architects and moved some showy props in front of them and told them how to act.

The second one is very amateurish; it screams "posed".

1 - 20 of 1216 Posts