SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 1223 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Say what we want about LAG being a bit too Hollywod or Carson being inconvenient but they've been as responsible as any team for pushing MLS forward. Their stadium took the bare bones concept of Columbus' ground and suggested MLS could do even better, and they've done well to give the league as star-studded a brand for marketing (both locally and globally) as we could hope in this humble league. Certainly a far sight better than anything we've seen in NY, and LAFC wouldn't be here today if not for the LAG proving the market's potential.

Wanna hate them in a sporting villain sense, have at it. Implying they're now akin to dead weight, however, is way off the mark.
Gals' pathetic 'This is LA' marketing campaign says it all. Motherf**ers are already scared.

No one will care about them in a few years.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
And the league wouldn't even exist without the Galaxy's owner.

I laugh at LAFC building a 22K stadium and claiming this will be the first true LA club. If the Galaxy built a stadium at that SA site today, probably looking at a 35K capacity stadium (Galaxy have sold out 5 of their 6 home games so far this season). The dos Santos signing will rank right there with the Beckham signing for importance. It's allowed the Galaxy to draw a lot more fans who were strictly LigaMX supporters.

Regardless, the competition will be good for both clubs.
It's one part of LA and another of LA right? Like this is the exact opposite of what is going on in New York where one team is in New Jersey and called themselves New York for years and the new team moved into the city proper (even though they don't have their own stadium)?

·
4,117 Posts
Galaxy fans are numerous and loyal. As a Galaxy fan, i will support LAFC, i have no reason to hate them, but i will still be a Galaxy fan. The main advantage LAFC has is that the location is prime. If the Galaxy had a stadium in Downtown LA, they would draw 40,000 a game. I know many many people that dont go to Galaxy games because Carson is in, well, another Galaxy. Also, for the most part, Galaxy fans are Lakers, Dodgers and Kings fans. Should be interesting to see how LAFC fits in

·
9,849 Posts
LA Football Club or Soccer Club?

In US they call Soccer or Football?
Most US fans will call the sport soccer unless discussing it with other folks (like foreigners) who prefer the term football. However, the teams that have been created the past 10 years or so have used either FC or SC depending on their personal preference. Some say the use of FC is simply Europosing, as in trying to hard to appear like a more historic European club. Some even say using SC is just as bad.

Some of us don't care to be bothered that much either way. :cheers:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gals' pathetic 'This is LA' marketing campaign says it all. Motherf**ers are already scared.

No one will care about them in a few years.
Wow, you're really rooting for the Galaxy's downfall for some weird reason. It's so random.

Did a Galaxy personnel bang your girl or something? The hate makes no sense.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wow, you're really rooting for the Galaxy's downfall for some weird reason. It's so random.

Did a Galaxy personnel bang your girl or something? The hate makes no sense.
They are rivals of LAFC so of course no LAFC fan will wish them well.

Also their general organizational culture is lame, as well as their name. The 'Galaxy' lol...their supporters groups hate each other too, which is hilarious. It's not about supporting the team, it's just a bunch of dick-measuring.

Their marketing push proves they are scared of LAFC's location, support, and overall brand.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Also their general organizational culture is lame, as well as their name. The 'Galaxy' lol...their supporters groups hate each other too, which is hilarious. It's not about supporting the team, it's just a bunch of dick-measuring.

Their marketing push proves they are scared of LAFC's location, support, and overall brand.
As an LA native. I wish for both to do well. I have no hate for either franchise.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Galaxy fans are numerous and loyal. As a Galaxy fan, i will support LAFC, i have no reason to hate them, but i will still be a Galaxy fan. The main advantage LAFC has is that the location is prime. If the Galaxy had a stadium in Downtown LA, they would draw 40,000 a game. I know many many people that dont go to Galaxy games because Carson is in, well, another Galaxy. Also, for the most part, Galaxy fans are Lakers, Dodgers and Kings fans. Should be interesting to see how LAFC fits in
Each side has opportunities. LAG can move closer to DT or the west side; LAFC could go bigger and better with the stadium. And, of course, operating and player strategies are wide open.

Not much sense in hating on the Galaxy; as noted they have done a lot for the league. But I can see people supporting both since they both are clearly "LA", not some region or district.

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts

The LA Galaxy has been integral in not just the success of MLS but helping to improve the scope of soccer in the US. As a native Angelino, I'll be rooting for both teams. I hope that they have 2 matches per year. One at the Coliseum (adjacent to the LAFC stadium) and one at Inglewood Stadium.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
The LA Galaxy has been integral in not just the success of MLS but helping to improve the scope of soccer in the US. As a native Angelino, I'll be rooting for both teams. I hope that they have 2 matches per year. One at the Coliseum (adjacent to the LAFC stadium) and one at Inglewood Stadium.
Yes. That would be the kind of thing that MLS should strive for. Get the franchises well known and then play in venues with worldwide reputations. The same places where Super Bowls, Olympics, Final Fours, FIFA, etc., are played.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Very nice. A smaller version of the Inglewood development. Between this, the museums and USC's continuing investment around campus there is some real action going on in Expo Park

·
0 Posts
Looks alright, but something about that main stand looks a little too bourgeoisie.

81 - 100 of 1223 Posts