SkyscraperCity banner

1221 - 1223 of 1223 Posts

·
10,089 Posts
I'm not sure of BOC's asset structure but I'm guessing this is a cash thing. I know of regional and local banks here in the southeast are having such issues and fearing the short-term nature of some portfolios, especially if it's an operation that hasn't had the chance to develop reserves since the recession. Particularly if this hits real estate hard due to the numbers and lengths of job losses, even if it's not as long as the Great Recession this will hit some banks hard if prices for real property fall too far.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I'm not sure of BOC's asset structure but I'm guessing this is a cash thing. I know of regional and local banks here in the southeast are having such issues and fearing the short-term nature of some portfolios, especially if it's an operation that hasn't had the chance to develop reserves since the recession. Particularly if this hits real estate hard due to the numbers and lengths of job losses, even if it's not as long as the Great Recession this will hit some banks hard if prices for real property fall too far.
Yep, think they are probably just looking at their long term outlook due to this unforseeable pandemic and not sure if they can honor the commitment.

I was actually a bit surprised such a small unknown (even in the Southern California area) bank got the naming rights to this stadium in what is such a prominent location.

·
Registered
17,249 Posts
I was to. It will be interesting to see how much they can get with a proven winner team, fan-base and brand but in a city and county staggering under various problems.

1221 - 1223 of 1223 Posts