·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what if just what if

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What do you mean? In terms of population? importance? or just skyline?

It will never have skyline like New Yorks, the two cities are laid out too differently. LA's density is more spread out New Yorks and not concentrated nearly as much as NYC and never will be.

In terms of importance to the world, LA is already so important. Los Angeles is the capital of the entertainment industry and is the counterpart to NYC in so many ways.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EtherealMist said:

It will never have skyline like New Yorks, the two cities are laid out too differently. LA's density is more spread out New Yorks and not concentrated nearly as much as NYC and never will be.

In terms of importance to the world, LA is already so important. Los Angeles is the capital of the entertainment industry and is the counterpart to NYC in so many ways.
in every thing

·
Seeking Affiliation
1,217 Posts
Maybe.

Los Angeles is getting denser by the day because the population is growing rapidly (with many Latino immigrants--legal and illegal) but with the maximum geographic reaches already reached. I'm guessing that Los Angeles city will be as dense as Manhattan 100 years from now. Hehehe :D. That is because Manhattan is just extremely dense. It would take years for even downtown L.A. to be as dense. But if your asking when the entire urbanized area of Greter Los Angeles (Los Angeles Consolidated Metropolitan Area) will be as dense as Manhattan, then never is the answer.

·
17,379 Posts
EtherealMist said:

Yes LA is the centre of the entertainment industry but it is no way a counterpart to NYC on a worldwide basis. But locally yes because it's the most important city in the West Coast. Internationally NY is still more important to LA.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
If comparing everyting....Maybe
but just the skyline, only Chicago is worthy of comparing with NYC in USA. LA skyline isn't as tall, dense and sprawl as NYC and Chicago. :)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I belive The Wilshire Corridor will Connect Century City(westside) to Downtown(eastside)

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Cebuano Exultor said:
Los Angeles is getting denser by the day because the population is growing rapidly (with many Latino immigrants--legal and illegal) but with the maximum geographic reaches already reached. I'm guessing that Los Angeles city will be as dense as Manhattan 100 years from now. Hehehe :D. That is because Manhattan is just extremely dense. It would take years for even downtown L.A. to be as dense. But if your asking when the entire urbanized area of Greter Los Angeles (Los Angeles Consolidated Metropolitan Area) will be as dense as Manhattan, then never is the answer.
It Did not actually take that long for los angeles skyline to be the way it is now only like 50 years and it stoped around the 1990s New york took like 100 years. well the building industry is staring again
so in antother 50 years we will be seeing some skyscrapers in L.A

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
it took 100 years and it has thousands more buildings. theres only a handful of cities in the world like NYC in terms of population, density, etc.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Joey313 said:
It Did not actually take that long for los angeles skyline to be the way it is now only like 50 years and it stoped around the 1990s New york took like 100 years. well the building industry is staring again
It never will surpass NYC skyline at least in our lifetime, just look at the earthquake activities in LA, you will understand why! :)

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Spooky873 said:
it took 100 years and it has thousands more buildings. theres only a handful of cities in the world like NYC in terms of population, density, etc.
I agree!

·
17,379 Posts
Never will LA reach NY's scraper density. In fact it will even not reach Chicago's level! But I actually like the density and look of today's LA skyline.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Joey313 said:
BTW, Joey, that pic of NYC is only the midtown part of skyline and LA skyline still has nothing on it! :runaway:

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
which do you think will soon look like New York

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
WANCH said:
Never will LA reach NY's scraper density. In fact it will even not reach Chicago's level! But I actually like the density and look of today's LA skyline.
Yea, I agree too!
You do the comparison on skyline, skyscraper and density on the following two cities: :)

·
17,379 Posts
Joey313 said:
which do you think will soon look like New York
None, each skyline is unique in it's own way. Though to me, HK is the only skyline that can rival NY :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
It actually does not matter to me no matter how LA scenery with cluster of buildings resembles the scenery of NYC.
United State is just so powerful, rich and attractive that no country would match on the same level, and always viewed with lots of envy of other nations. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.