SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new thread about the gorgeous LA
Los Angeles is one of my favourite cities in the United States. A prosperous place, easygoing people and beautiful weather!...

“Los Angeles is a world centre of business, international trade, entertainment, culture, media, fashion, science, technology, and education. It is home to renowned institutions covering a broad range of professional and cultural fields and is one of the most substantial economic engines within the United States. Los Angeles has been ranked the third richest city and fifth most powerful and influential city in the world, behind only New York City in the United States.”

Los Angeles from above!
I took these pictures few minutes before landing.

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Frank Gehry's Landmark... Architecture at its best!

·
Algerian Citizen
5,063 Posts
What a wonderful world

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Thanks for sharing Rossignolneuf. Franck Gehry is a genius indeed! I wonder why Algiers does not call famous architects like him, Hadid, Nouvel, Calatravas, and so many others. It is clear that landmarks generate people's interest, which increases tourists traffic and local revenues. I've also noticed that the architects in Algeria are not celebrated as the government takes ownership/pride of everyting/anything. Sad!

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Thanks for sharing Rossignolneuf. Franck Gehry is a genius indeed! I wonder why Algiers does not call famous architects like him, Hadid, Nouvel, Calatravas, and so many others. It is clear that landmarks generate people's interest, which increases tourists traffic and local revenues. I've also noticed that the architects in Algeria are not celebrated:lol: as the government takes ownership/pride of everyting/anything. Sad!
Les architectes algériens non merci. :lol:

·
الجزائر
5,322 Posts
En fait je pense qu'avant de faire architècte il faut faire ecole des beaux arts.......on est encore loin,preuve en est la grande mosqué dessinée par des allemands!!!!!:nuts:
C'est pas suffisant :lol: de toute façon moi je blâme les commissions avant tout. s'ils n'acceptent pas la médiocrité,les Architectes seront obligé d' améliorer leurs travaux ...

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^ Thanks everyone!
Talking about architecture, the design of this house is reminiscent of the great Antonio Gaudi.

Beverly Hills, Los Angeles

Beverly Hills, the most expensive district on earth.
Another private property.

Downtown LA, Mexican Quarter.

The oldest house in LA, Mexican Quarter.

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My shots are not that recent.

Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills.

Rodeo Drive

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, LA.
Palm Trees are every where!

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sunset Boulevard

Hollywood Boulevard

Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hollywood Boulevard

Grauman's Chinese Theater, Hollywood.

Hollywood Boulevard, Night shots

·
Rossignolneuf
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think so !

$2 a shot!

Hollywood Boulevard

Sunset Boulevard

Rodeo Drive

·
Algerian Citizen
5,063 Posts

Abby sciuto NCIS right lol

Thank's roussignol

Je suis sure que le budget de los angeles seul est equivalent a trois fois celui de l'algerie

·
29,204 Posts
Los Angeles, often known by its initials L.A., is the most populous city in the U.S. state of California and the second most populous in the United States, after New York City, with a population at the 2010 United States Census of 3,792,621.[5] It has an area of 469 square miles (1,215 km2), and is located in Southern California. The city is the focal point of the larger Los Angeles–Long Beach–Santa Ana metropolitan statistical area and Greater Los Angeles Area region, which contain 12,828,837 and nearly 18 million people respectively as of 2010, making it one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the world[6] and the second largest in the United States. Los Angeles is also the seat of Los Angeles County, the most populated and one of the most ethnically diverse counties in the United States, while the entire Los Angeles area itself has been recognized as the most diverse of the nation's largest cities. The city's inhabitants are referred to as "Angelenos."
Wikipedia

View of Hollywood and Los Angeles from Griffith Park par Kumar Appaiah, sur Flickr

1 - 20 of 179 Posts