SkyscraperCity banner

441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
BEAM ME UP: @HenselPhelps is making lots of progress on the future Terminal 1.5 building. This will include a bus port, TSA screening, a core for connecting to the Automated People Mover, ticketing and baggage claim, and will connect Terminals 1 and 2. Coming in late 2020.
https://twitter.com/flyLAXairport

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
This thing is coming up quick. I was about to compliment LAX having just returned from Singapore and how similar the shopping experiences are now at both (Changi Airport ... which is by far my favorite out of all of them I've visited). Just wonderful. THEN coming home last night. What a mess. After a 15 hour flight on Singapore Airlines they drop us off at one of those pod type onsey drop off "terminals" where we then had to take a bus back to the Bradley terminal and then through that disorganized CBP immigration mess. Then exiting onto the street with a zillion people all going nowhere but a state of confusion. I am sure that this will improve eventually given the work but my god how did we allow it to get this bad? I can't imagine what visitors to LA must think. We are NOT ready for primetime folks.. Crack the whip out there.

·
Registered
759 Posts
This thing is coming up quick. I was about to compliment LAX having just returned from Singapore and how similar the shopping experiences are now at both (Changi Airport ... which is by far my favorite out of all of them I've visited). Just wonderful. THEN coming home last night. What a mess. After a 15 hour flight on Singapore Airlines they drop us off at one of those pod type onsey drop off "terminals" where we then had to take a bus back to the Bradley terminal and then through that disorganized CBP immigration mess. Then exiting onto the street with a zillion people all going nowhere but a state of confusion. I am sure that this will improve eventually given the work but my god how did we allow it to get this bad? I can't imagine what visitors to LA must think. We are NOT ready for primetime folks.. Crack the whip out there.
Just flew in on an international flight last night and was stunned by the sheer size of this mid field terminal. Not only height but the length was the most shocking part. This thing looks to be as big as if not bigger than terminal 5 at Heathrow airport in London. This is going to make a HUGE impact on LAX in terms of how everything flows. The entire place is a mess right now but I can clearly see where they are going with the changes and they are literally dragging that place into the 21st century and fast. Very pleased with this. Helped that they had all that space out there to work with.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I flew out of LAX a few days ago and noticed that they are removing the facade from the original Tom Bradley terminal. I can't seem to find any information on what they are doing. Does anyone know? Lots going on there but didn't know that changing the facade of that terminal was part of this upgrade.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hi,

Here is my Trip report/Flight review of Avianca airlines Economy class flight in A330-200 from Bogota El Dorado International airport(BOG) to Los Angeles International Airport(LAX).

·
Registered
16,738 Posts
Hi,

Here is my Trip report/Flight review of Avianca airlines Economy class flight in A330-200 from Bogota El Dorado International airport(BOG) to Los Angeles International Airport(LAX).

Nice views of SoFi stadium under construction (around 18:30). Hope your trip went well.

·
Registered
759 Posts
They really need to do something with the Theme building. It is being swallowed up. The train should have gone straight through it and made into a stop. The rest maybe turned into shopping, daily hotel rooms like what you find in Munich's airport or something more useful. It is a shame that they've allowed it to become so irrelevant.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
They really need to do something with the Theme building. It is being swallowed up. The train should have gone straight through it and made into a stop. The rest maybe turned into shopping, daily hotel rooms like what you find in Munich's airport or something more useful. It is a shame that they've allowed it to become so irrelevant.
This suggestion might not be popular but...

I wonder if it would be possible to dismantle the theme building and reconstruct it somewhere...perhaps exposition park, or perhaps closer to LAX but by the ocean? Somewhere more conducive to tourism? It's such an iconic building for those of us who live here, but few people want to drive out and have dinner at a major airport that is clogged with traffic. But if they could put a good restaurant in it and in a more desirable location, I think it could be a financially profitable tourist stop or business.

441 - 455 of 455 Posts