SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 1843 Posts

·
4,117 Posts
yes! that game sold out very very quickly.they originally sold 92000 tickets like in a day then they decided to add the 25000 more because of demand and to get to the record. Gotta love the Colosieum, its an amazing place. USC and the Colosieum Commission just signed a long term contract that will remodel the place in the next 3 years, with new screens, releveling the field, new concourses etc!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Helsinki had the summer games at the same stadium where they then hosted the winter Olympics. Dunno the years however.

Athens did the same thing, I think the 1896 venue had the archery in 2004.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Helsinki had the summer games at the same stadium where they then hosted the winter Olympics. Dunno the years however.

Athens did the same thing, I think the 1896 venue had the archery in 2004.
Helsinki never hosted the Winter Olympics.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Oops, forgot about Melbourne. OK, which six cities have hosted the Summer Olympics twice? Athens, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Paris and ...?
Hmmm...when was Melbourne's 2nd Olympic hosting?

You seem to forget

- (as previously mentioned) Lake Placid (1932 and 1980),

- St. Moritz (1928 and 1948), and

- Innsbruck (1964 and 1976).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think a city should be included in a listing of cities that hosted the Olympics twice just because they held a few events there. Hosting the Olympics consists of having almost all of the events, the Olympic Stadium, the opening and closing ceremonies, and the name of your city attached to the Olympics. Melbourne and Stockholm thus only hosted once.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
This stadium is a classic. Simple but I like it. tipical American ´cause of the fact that one goal and is lower, though they made a nice solution with the arcs and so.
Nice and please don´t change it to much.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I don't think a city should be included in a listing of cities that hosted the Olympics twice just because they held a few events there. Hosting the Olympics consists of having almost all of the events, the Olympic Stadium, the opening and closing ceremonies, and the name of your city attached to the Olympics. Melbourne and Stockholm thus only hosted once.
Exactly. You don't say Savannah hosted the 1996 Olympics because sailing was held there. Nor Kiel for 1972 and Tallin for 1980 because of the same event.

·
Tax avoider
23,944 Posts
Hmmm...when was Melbourne's 2nd Olympic hosting?

You seem to forget

- (as previously mentioned) Lake Placid (1932 and 1980),

- St. Moritz (1928 and 1948), and

- Innsbruck (1964 and 1976).
I forgot about the Winter Olympics completely - which is why I specified Summer Olympics second time round.

·
4,117 Posts
well,a few reasons. novelty for one and the Dodgers are huge in LA. Tickets were 25 and 40 dollars i believe, so pretty much the same as an average price in Dodger Stadium, maybe a little less.

61 - 80 of 1843 Posts