SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
16,990 Posts
There will be underground parking for this and the Stadium right?
Yes. I believe 4 levels of parking, maybe 2000 spots. But parking will continue to be an issue in the area when there is a large event at the Coliseum, which is at least 5 Saturdays per year.

·
16,346 Posts
America's Wealthiest Celebrities 2018: George Lucas Leads Kylie Jenner, Jay-Z With $5.4 Billion Net Worth

Star Wars creator George Lucas leads this year's ranking of America's richest celebrities with a net worth of $5.4 billion thanks largely to the fortune he pocketed when his Lucasfilm production company sold to Disney for $4.1 billion in 2012.

He edges fellow filmmaker Steven Spielberg (No. 2; $3.7 billion) and media mogul Oprah (No. 3; $2.8 billion)

[...]

This list uses net worth earnings previously published for the Forbes 400, Billionaires list and ranking of America's Richest Self-Made Women. Celebrities not on those lists were valued through private company stakes and publicly traded assets. Real estate, art and other assets were also factored in where applicable. For entertainers without such holdings, we based estimates on net lifetime earnings after taxes and spending. Eligibility was limited to American citizens who’ve gotten rich off their fame, rather than become famous for their wealth.

·
Registered
16,990 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a year of planning and three proposed cities, filmmaker George Lucas’s forthcoming Lucas Museum of Narrative Art finally broke ground last month in anticipation of its 2022 opening.

It’s an exciting time for the Lucas Museum, which for years was shunted between San Francisco and Chicago—where local activists fought the project tooth and nail—before finally landing in Los Angeles in January of 2017. The museum will be located in Exposition Park, which is already home to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, the California Science Center, and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.

Last week the museum announced that it had purchased Norman Rockwell’s painting Shuffleton’s Barbershop (1959), one of 40 works being controversially deaccessioned by Massachusett’s cash-strapped Berkshire Museum. The sale is likely only the first of many high-profile acquisitions by the institution.

·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
My question regarding construction is: will the parking garage be ready in time for football season? Hopefully! will do a lot to alleviate parking problems during Rams/Trojans games (though really at this point nothing beats taking the Expo line down to Exposition Park, it really is the best way to get down there.)

·
Stadium Lover
420 Posts
My question regarding construction is: will the parking garage be ready in time for football season? Hopefully! will do a lot to alleviate parking problems during Rams/Trojans games (though really at this point nothing beats taking the Expo line down to Exposition Park, it really is the best way to get down there.)
Good question-from what I've read it's pretty much completed. I'll try to reach out to LA Coliseum's Twitter feed they should be able to provide an answer.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts