SkyscraperCity banner

321 - 340 of 438 Posts

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Source:http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/photos/louis-vuitton-yayoi-kusama-concept-store-slideshow/louis-vuitton-photo-1342240329.html
Louis Vuitton - Yayoi Kusama concept store
Louis Vuitton announces the opening of the Louis Vuitton – Yayoi Kusama concept store in Singapore. This special store, which opens to public from July 15 till November 1, 2012, at Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Ngee Ann City, is one of only seven such stores worldwide.

They will feature original design and carry special products created in collaboration with the artist Yayoi Kusama. Only these seven pop-up stores will be entirely dedicated to the products issued from this collaboration.

·
2,524 Posts
Regarding the pop-up store in Singapur here are the locations for all the stores:

New York - Louis Vuitton Flagship

Hong Kong - Pacific Place

Singapore - Ngee Ann City
Already posted

Tokyo - Isetan Shinjuku Coming soon

Tokyo - Dover Street Market Ginza Coming soon

Paris - Printemps Coming soon

London - Selfridges Coming soon

·
2,524 Posts
The LV pop-up stores at Tokyo are open, altough non of them is at the Omotesando Flagship or one of the several boutiques around the city.

The first one opened at the concept store by Rei Kawakubo, Dover Street Market Ginza, for this store there was a limited edition book.

Dover Street Market

·
2,524 Posts
The second one opened at one of the most amazgin department stores in Japan, and the world. The flagship of the Isetan department stores at Shinjuku.

Isetan Shinjuku

·
2,524 Posts
^^
Even when I try to, I don't like Peter Marino's work for Vuitton. In my opinion when Jun Aoki was the usual designer, stores were much better.

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
^^I think they are both good:) I feel Peter Marino's design tend to stand out and look more iconic while Jun Aoki's designs look simple, elegant and not in your face .

·
2,524 Posts
^^
Exactly, that's probably the reason I'm not so into it. I don't think it is a bad design, but for my taste the discrete luxury of Aoki is better :)

But as you say, they are both good.

321 - 340 of 438 Posts