SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Big news for our city! The Omni Hotel will break ground at the end of this month @courierjournal More info courier-journal.com #new2lou #downtownlou #sharelouisville by Stacey Servo, on Flickr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omni Hotel coming? Mayor Fischer, Gov. Beshear announcing ‘biggest downtown investment in decades’

(Pre-existing render of stalled Center City project. Omni Hotel would occupy tallest structure)

We’re sticking our necks out a little bit on this.

Gov. Steve Beshear is scheduled to appear at a 3:30 p.m. news conference with Mayor Greg Fischer at Metro Hall. Fischer spokesman Chris Poynter is promising “the largest investment in downtown Louisville in at least a decade,” according to The Courier-Journal.

Metro spokespeople are suddenly unavailable for further comment, but here’s our best guess at what’s coming…

The big reveal could be either the governor has gotten legislators to sign on to approving a tax to expand the Kentucky International Convention Center. Which would be great, but unlikely since Louisville economic development officials aren’t scheduled to testify in Frankfort to the appropriations committee about the plan until next week.

Or, we’re getting a second hotel large enough to host conventions. Which we think is more likely.

Months ago, Insider Louisville told you the Fischer Administration was in talks with Cordish Cos. about restarting the stalled Center City project, a $250 million plan to redevelop a block of Third Street.

By December, our sources were telling us restarted Center City talks advanced to the point where Cordish executives were proposing a 600-room Omni Hotel on the abandoned Louisville Water Co. block on the east side of Third between Liberty Street and Muhammad Ali Boulevard.

[...]

·
Banned
289 Posts
This would be a welcome addition to downtown Louisville. Nice mix to the entire project, the design is excellent, well proportioned.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any heard about center city Omni Hotel yet??? And I was saw that new building on main st across old humana building

·
Registered
197 Posts
Third tallest huh, so between 420ft-512ft...I'll take it. As I understand it from some articles, the building design process hasn't been fully completed so I'm a little anxious to see how it turns out and views from different angles.
Hey, what look like skyline in Louisville from that tower?

·
11,739 Posts
^^ I hope you guys are getting a new 3rd tallest tower, however I will caution you all that a lot of cities announce "a new tallest", "the 2nd tallest building" or "a new tallest tower for the city", and all they are doing is counting the floors/levels. Believe it or not, some media people overlook the exact foot or meter count and go directly to the floor count to judge something by it's final height.
As we all know, different floor heights exist from floor to floor. A hotel has at best an 10 ft. per floor ratio. So it could be that this tower is 370 ft. tall plus the elevator mechanical floor on top, making it another 15 ft. maybe? That way it would be safe to say that the overall height would be at least 385 ft.
Now, it does seem that the ground floor is a bit taller than the rest, about around 4 to 5 extra feet taller than the rest, maybe? Then it would put the tower's height at around 390 ft.
So, it may be at best 390 ft. tall at "37" stories. However, I'm rooting for you guys to getting a little higher floor to floor ratio and if it is even higher by 1 foot at 11 ft. per floor, then you guys are getting a 400+ footer! :) Maybe a 435 footer!?

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

http://www.google.de/url?q=http://insiderlouisville.com/business/omni-starts-sizing-grocery-stores-new-downtown-tower/&ust=1423636900494227&usg=AFQjCNHn5eHtlaEnmnquLLr4Or4OMDFIog

Omni starts sizing up grocery stores for new downtown tower

It’s been treated as a given since the Mayor’s Office and Omni Hotels announced last month a new, 30-story luxury hotel tower and mixed-use development would be built at the old Water Company site: a long-awaited downtown grocery store would be included.

Now, it’s clear Omni doesn’t have one lined up quite yet, but we have a better idea of what they’re going for. Via local commercial broker TRIO, the company has posted a listing for a 25,000-square-foot space in the proposed building. It’s asking $12 per square foot, which developers say is close to average for the area.

Louisvillians have long cited the lack of a higher-end grocery store as a key setback in the downtown condo boom. According to the agreement with Omni to build the new tower, Metro government has the right to place a grocery store in the space if Omni fails to secure one. Last month, Metro development officials all but guaranteed the Metro Council that there will be a grocery store at the new development.

[...]

·
Registered
502 Posts
City approved...

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/03/18/city-clears-way-omni-plan-proceed/24967685/

"The downtown project that will be anchored by a 600-room Omni hotel received the last major city approval needed to solidify the commitment of public financial incentives to support the $289 million proposal.

The board of the Metro Development Authority Inc., which includes a few top aides to Mayor Greg Fischer, met briefly in Fischer's office Wednesday and passed a resolution essentially sealing a development agreement and committing extensive financial incentives to the project and to Omni Hotel & Resorts, the developer."

Ground breaking is scheduled for late this year or early next, with a 2 year construction schedule.

·
Registered
197 Posts
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/03/18/city-clears-way-omni-plan-proceed/24967685/

"The downtown project that will be anchored by a 600-room Omni hotel received the last major city approval needed to solidify the commitment of public financial incentives to support the $289 million proposal.

The board of the Metro Development Authority Inc., which includes a few top aides to Mayor Greg Fischer, met briefly in Fischer's office Wednesday and passed a resolution essentially sealing a development agreement and committing extensive financial incentives to the project and to Omni Hotel & Resorts, the developer."
Ground breaking is scheduled for late this year or early next, with a 2 year construction schedule.

That Great News i hope going to get built soon by 3rd tallest in Louisville, Ky snice in 1993
But i just want be know.. what look like louisville's skyline of future??

1 - 20 of 160 Posts