SkyscraperCity banner

441 - 460 of 2194 Posts

·
9,414 Posts
The foundation for the tower has been built:

India: concrete to reach the sky
10/03/2011

Lafarge has completed 2 record continuous pours in Mumbai, during the construction of "Lodha World One", one of the world's tallest residential buildings.

In August 2011, over 13,500 m³ of concrete was poured to build the raft foundation. The first continuous pour required 5,236m³ and the second pour required 8,289.5 m³ - both a success despite challenging conditions: torrential monsoons and heavy traffic of congested Mumbai city. It was also the first time in India that the supplier was chosen before the contractor was selected.

The total project size is approximately 1.58 million sq feet and requires a total of 800,000m³ of concrete. This project is also an opportunity for Lafarge in India to produce and supply value added concrete implying mixing of microsilica in bulk using technological advancement.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
looking at the the speed of Lodha Bellissimo, I doubt that they can pull this one off in 4 years. I think Lodha Bellissimo and Imperial towers were started more or less at the same time. Results are there to see.

·
Skyscraper Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
^^If that is what it is called, then it does sound pretty good!!...But I was expecting something that starts with "World..." since the other two were World One and World Crest. Variance in names are always welcome though.

·
chembur ka chokra
986 Posts
^^If that is what it is called, then it does sound pretty good!!...But I was expecting something that starts with "World..." since the other two were World One and World Crest. Variance in names are always welcome though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's confirmed news. I have seen the plans. Work for an infrastructure waterproofing company. Work for World One and many more projects.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am reading news on NDTV that only 90 floor permissions are alloted and the new cuffe parade project in Wadala is also reducing the height of building. It's weird how these builders advertise and launch the project even before the permissions are alloted.

·
Bangged
1,028 Posts
Lodha is awaiting a similar clearance from DGCA for its 117-storied World One project at Lower Parel in central Mumbai. The company has received permission for 90 floors of World One and hopes to receive nod for additional 27 floors soon, said Abhisheck Lodha. Lodha has started bookings for first phase of Wadala project, and has managed to book 280 apartments at base rate of 13,000 per sq ft, company officials said.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...cr-in-mumbai-project/articleshow/10320898.cms

·
Bangged
1,028 Posts
^^ ok but i m just impressed that they have managed to book 280 apartments till now in wadala project but the rate is very less

441 - 460 of 2194 Posts