SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This project was conceived as the Hafeez Contractor House - a 35 storey commercial tower but due to the global finance crisis and its negative impact on the demand for com space, Orbit Corporation redesigned the tower for residential use.

The Hafeez Contractor House [CANCELLED] :

Website

Renders of Orbit Terraces [U/C]:

Location - On the intersection of Senapati Bapat Marg and Gokhale Road/NM Joshi road

Updates:

Excavation image from early 2009
Copyright Cetco

December 3 2009
Copyright Nanikore

December 5 2009
Copyright MPE

·
Registered
11,097 Posts
Stunning pictures. It would be so cool to drive amidst some awesome highrises.

·
Cov Boy
4,063 Posts
Look at those mills @ pic #4!!

Mills occupy much of the land in Mumbai and I wonder if some of them are still in operation.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mills occupy almost nothing any more. Most are being replaced by all these huge residential towers. Wonder how many jobs there are around the city.
Exactly, with so many residential projects coming up, who are the people who are buying it and going to live in it? Do we see any substantial efforts by the govt to increase high skilled jobs in the city? I am really sorry for sounding ignorant..this is somthing which i would like to be aware about.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Mills occupy almost nothing any more. Most are being replaced by all these huge residential towers. Wonder how many jobs there are around the city.
these mills dont produce anything. They are dead as the wages of mumbai makes them uncompetitive.

There is also plenty of mill land to go around still. Enough for many high rises till 2020

and i agree with khargharboy. We should be pushing for service sector jobs on this mill land.

not flats which 90% of the pop cant afford.

·
Cov Boy
4,063 Posts
Please reserve some of these mills for open spaces/parks and not just residential towers as Mumbai will become another concrete jungle.

Mumbai needs a Central Park like New York.

Sorry to go off topic!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
too late. the politician/builder nexus won in the early part of this century to deny the city its fair share. and sadly the courts supported them (as they always do in matters where big money is involved)

·
Swag Unmatched
1,260 Posts
Ah, it's coming up pretty smoothly.

I think what will happen in the next couple of years is an excess of luxury housing available to people, which will lead to a deflation of the real estate market. These builders are going to go into losses and eventually either shut down, shift elsewhere, or build more commercial skyscrapers as they are more viable. Nowhere have I seen the "signature" buildings of a city being residential other than our Imperial Towers.

·
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The one on the bottom is the Central Railway Locomotive Workshop. That isn't going to be put on the selling block anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts