Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Sawgrass Mills in western Broward County, Florida (about 30 miles north-northwest of Miami). It's ~3.3 million square feet. The whole shopping complex (bounded by Sunrise Blvd, 136 St, and Flamingo Rd.) is bigger that the entire central business districts of some European cities. I think it's about 1km from end to end, and takes about 10 minutes to walk if you AGGRESSIVELY shove people aside and hurry.

Map & Aerial Photo

www.sawgrassmills.com

While you're checking out the google map & satellite image, pan the map/pic about 2 miles to the southwest to see the biggest freeway interchange east of the Mississippi River (the aerial pic doesn't do it justice. It's HUGE. It would probably even earn a nod of approval & respect from a Texan...)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
miamicanes said:
Sawgrass Mills in western Broward County, Florida (about 30 miles north-northwest of Miami). It's ~3.3 million square feet. The whole shopping complex (bounded by Sunrise Blvd, 136 St, and Flamingo Rd.) is bigger that the entire central business districts of some European cities. I think it's about 1km from end to end, and takes about 10 minutes to walk if you AGGRESSIVELY shove people aside and hurry.

Map & Aerial Photo

www.sawgrassmills.com

While you're checking out the google map & satellite image, pan the map/pic about 2 miles to the southwest to see the biggest freeway interchange east of the Mississippi River (the aerial pic doesn't do it justice. It's HUGE. It would probably even earn a nod of approval & respect from a Texan...)
Hehehe....those Dutch

·
17,905 Posts
Another one would be Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA. near Los Angeles. It's one of the largest shopping centres in The Inland Empire with 200 outlets of popular brands.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I know... I discovered Grapevine Mills (same owner) when I went to Dallas. It was almost creepy hearing the exact same disembodied voice endlessly reminding me that "You are passing through the Green Toad Entrance... Usted esta pasando por la entrada del rano verde... You are passing through the Green Toad Entrance... Usted esta pasando... " :)

·
17,905 Posts
Are these shopping malls can only be found in The US or Canada? How about Europe or Asia?

·
125,047 Posts
There are single-level outlet malls in Japan. I went to one myself a few years ago, but these types of developments are far more prevalent in North America as there is a lot more open space to waste than Europe and Asia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts