SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Hi everyone, I have done a very brief redesign of the signage system of the LRT. Please leave a comment, and I will really appreciate it.

It is an idea that combines Malaysia identity and signage. Signage placement and more will be added on next phase of design.

My comment for this time, it's really stressful to see the signage because 1. it has a RED background; 2. it's SMALL.

The pictographic looks cool.

· Registered
121 Posts
Hi everyone, I have done a very brief redesign of the signage system of the LRT. Please leave a comment, and I will really appreciate it.

It is an idea that combines Malaysia identity and signage. Signage placement and more will be added on next phase of design.

I think we should put "KJ13" before Masjid Jamek wording. Or just replace the lrt pictography with "KJ13".

· Registered
121 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Frankly, I don't think sound proofing is going to be effective nor is it going to be cheap. It's better if they have visual signals/announcements to compliment the audio announcement. Since LCD technology, is getting real cheap, I am sure they could imitate the Yamanote Line in Tokyo Japan by having visual destinations shown on LCD screen above every other door. Of course, this brings it back to the basics for showing only simple and relevant information which I know Malaysian Transport Operators have a tough time doing.. But this would be much better.
Yes, the visual signals/annoucements is not only to compliment the audio announcement but it helps those OKU (having impaired hearing; deaf) to identify the station.

· Registered
121 Posts
I'm sure the bus drivers have informed their superiors. And their superiors have informed relevant departments in Prasarana/RapidKL group. Anyway, what do you expect Prasarana/RapidKL to do?
(1) Tell the road authority to cut the fence? The fence, sidewalk, bus stop pole, drains, are all within the road reserve.
(2) Get permission from the road authority to cut the fence?
(3) Just go ahead cut the fence?

I am quite curious about the context of this particular case. Is there another bus stop before or after the one in that pix http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/19/102067b795f531bb38b27002b15ab4d4.jpg ? I am just guessing is that bus stop anywhere near here https://www.google.com.my/maps/@3.2358892,101.6792246,196m/data=!3m1!1e3 ?
Don't be curious, this is one of three bus stops at the same road and the distance between them around 200 - 300 metres. Actually, you can just walk to the nearby bus stop if you want. This is not like one of the RapidKL bus stop at DUKE highway from Gombak heading towards Sentul where the RapidKL signage quite far from the bus stop. Anyway the issue is how do they manage the bus stop? It has to be one sole authority (not RapidKL or Selangor state etc.) that can take care of this bus administration as whole up to bus stop management.

p/s: anyway, I walk pass through all three bus stops when I want to take Komuter..

· Registered
121 Posts
I don't see any significant difference between the overhead directions signages you posted with those on KJ and AG lines. You need to compare stations with multiple significant exits such as Ampang Park LRT station and Dang Wangi LRT station to see those overhead directions signages. Don't you agree?

Regarding neighbourhood maps and exits descriptions, I would agree that both KJ and AG lines are lacking on it. Some stations have collection of neighbourhood photos and maps, but it seems those are individual stations initiatives rather than Rapid Rail wide project.
Agree. For certain stations with multiple exits like Masjid Jamek, Ampang Park, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.