SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Infrastructure
10,343 Posts
Some of maps of the public transport network is outdated, more so in Ampang Line stations.

SPAD should also strictly enforce the application of line numbering which only seen in rare instances i.e 'Laluan 3,4,5,8' in some LRT stations. They should compel KTM to include 'Laluan 1' and Laluan 2' in their own signs.

· Infrastructure
10,343 Posts
Considering Ampang line new trains have LED screens, I would like to see information being displayed in such manner...

Tokyo Metro Ginza Line

However, this one is only a suggestion, because KL LRT stations layout are fairly standardised, unlike that of Tokyo.

· Infrastructure
10,343 Posts
I would like to see big improvements in KL Sentral (as well as Nu Sentral) signage when the MRT comes on line. Our KL Sentral is getting bigger.

Lets see......we will have, in future

- KTM Komuter
- KTM Intercity/ETS
- KLIA Transit
- KLIA Ekspres
- Kelana Jaya line
- Sungai Buloh - Kajang line
- KL Monorail line

For any properties falling under KL Sentral, regardless of Stesen Sentral itself, Nu Sentral or the Sooka or the offices, there should be one standard signage.

The question now is, who's in charge? SPAD (the land public transport agency, on part of the government) or the MRCB (developer of KL Sentral)?

In another matter, we already have the route number of each train line destination. Laluan 1,2,3,4 etc on SPAD map.

So far I only see the route number being included by RapidKL in Masjid Jamek station. I would like to see to see such SPAD railway route number to be included by other operators in their signages such as ERL, KTM etc., particularly in interchange station such as KL Sentral, Bdr Tasik Selatan etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.