SkyscraperCity Forum banner

LRT/MONORAIL/MRT Train Announcements and Signage at the station.

185396 Views 544 Replies 69 Participants Last post by  AsHalt
IMHO our train announcement should be clear and use the proper voice. recently the new KJ line train announcement not so good compare to the previous one. the best train announcement so far is in the KLIA transit and KLIA express. The voice is clear and the pronouncation was good. Why lrt and monorail cant implement the good one...

The signages at the stations also need to change because the one that using now looks so bad.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
The announcement inside ETS is very clear, just sharing.
sabre23t, at the main concourse. I experienced it inside the HK MTR stations. It's very useful especially for multiple floor interchange stations, For instance, it shows the exit/entrance, elevator, escalator, customer information center and etc. So that you would not get lost and confused, and know your directions and ways.

It's like a directory in a shopping mall.
Now I understand why some of the monorail stations are still unfinished. :nuts:

I believe Prasarana have visited many MRT stations in the world. It is not difficult to implement, maybe you (assuming you work with Prasarana) could bring some of the ideas, compile it into a presentation, and make some decent comparisons and present it to Prasarana.

We are not asking Prasarana to create an announcement on each elevator for people to stand on the left or beware of germs or something, but just proper signage. I bet even an intern could do that. :)
The basics is to get updated maps/directions in the first place.
Updating hard copy maps/directions cost a lot.
Updating soft copy maps/directions cost negligible.
Not all public transport users have smartphone you know, some still prefer to use nokia 3310.

Unless prasarana will provide smartphones as incentives to all the frequent users. haha
OMG, the colour. My eyes! :discoduck:

PJ City bus copied it eheh
Haha. True true.
Their mandate is not to please you. So the fact that the colour hurts your eyes isn't their fault.
I don't think it's digital. I think it's gonna display the route for buses.
I think that's the digital live timetable for busses. Or worst, digital advertisement.
You may organise one teh tarik session. The rest will just follow and work out from the proposed date/venue.

And there are some of the members here who work in the industry.

I actually share the same opinion with you about KJ line annoucement. If they can do the long adverts announcement (BSN, wonda coffee, TGV, etc). I am sure they can work out for the second announcement station when nearly arrive at the station.

In fact, not just that, there are also other announcement should be made inside trains like reminder not to eat/drink, beware of unusual behaviour/ettiquete inside trains and others. These probably can be made at every 3-4 stations travel. What I understand now they do make these but inside the stations not inside the trains.
saya setuju...

cam saya bagitau...

bila kita bagi cadangan...disalahertikan

kenapa pihak2 yang bertanggungjawab boleh terlepas pandang aspek2 keselesaan pengguna

that's why kita susah nak berubah...

ada satu fb group yang saya join bila saya utara kan cadangan or penambah baikan... admin fb group boleh ban post saya

apa guna group fb sekadar tayang gambar dan komen syok sendiri

maybe kalau ada sesi teh tarik...patut ajak sekali orang yang ada terlibat or bekerja dalam industri tu..tak kisah la pekerja biasa

so akan ada komunikasi dua hala... bukan sekadar peminat train shj
Why choose? Why cant we have both?
I would rather have both regardless of reasons, because that's the way it should be for public transports. Especially when they are not so frequent and not very reliable (buses especially).
I hope you realise that this forum is not the channel for you to vent your anger.
bagi la seribu alasan pun

bab keselesaan pengguna memang fail

train takde announcement and aircond pun still jalan

takde inisiatif nak mudahkan pengguna...

asal train boleh jalan je...dah cukup baik..bersyukur malaysia masih aman

so sebab cost tak boleh buat...huhuhu what a joke
Tender by Rapidkl
"Appointment Of Lead Consultant For The Proposed Face Lift And Upgrading Of The Existing Stations At Kelana Jaya Line, Ampang Line And Monorail Line"

Good news for me.
Reactions: AsHalt and sabre23t
Well, I am hoping for someone else to read it. :nuts:
^^Does the face lift include signages at the existing KJ, AG and MR stations? Do tell ejatidiaz after you read the tender docs. ;-)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.