SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Angola is facing a new era challenge after the peaceful reunification of the country, a new National Administration Complex will be a symbol for the renewal of national unity and endow a hope and harmony for the Angolan.

We have undertaken the planning of the Complex which is 654,000 m2. To facilitate and holds the national ceremonies, demonstrate the national history and culture and the new administration’s needs as well, the Complex will includes the Presidential Palace, Parliament House, Supreme Courts, offices for new ministries as well as a conference center, a new museum and an art gallery.
PS: Very European looking complex!

·
Registered
40,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like Washington
No , I am sure that they had some elegant European capital in mind and not just plain Washington. Maybe the main house looks a bit like DC but all in all it reminds me more of Europe than America.

I think that this place will match perfectly with all the old architecture inherited by the Pprtuguese in Angola. It will suit the surroindings. I wouldn´t agree if such buildinsg were built in Nigeria or Ghana where they Brits didnt leave behind any nice buildings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think this complex is near its finish!

It doesnt fit with Luanda architecture cause its just fake architectural style. The Portuguese people left a complex of "modern era" style buildings so this new administration complex is a fantasy that its not even related to the old architecture heritage of the colonial era, nor the modern city that was left behind with the war, nor with Africa.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
^^ with developments taking place in Luanda, I think there's high possibility of it blensing well with the new developments.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live near from this Project

I think this complex is near its finish!

It doesnt fit with Luanda architecture cause its just fake architectural style. The Portuguese people left a complex of "modern era" style buildings so this new administration complex is a fantasy that its not even related to the old architecture heritage of the colonial era, nor the modern city that was left behind with the war, nor with Africa.
Hello! This project is on course, really, just beginning some years ago. Now, we can see only the Mausoleum, and we know also that the parliament will be constructed in that area. So i'm very happy to see that render, showing my zone in the future:cheers:

·
Mister One Million
5,485 Posts
Looks like Washington :D
This design is derived from Classical (Greek) architecture, as is a lot of post-renaissance European architecture, and as is Washington, DC.

It definently wouldn't be my first choice. I think a modern design (like those being used for the commercial buildings in Luanda) would be more fitting for the city. I think of the modern designs used for Israel's and Brazil's government buildings - I'd like to see something along those lines here.

·
Mister One Million
5,485 Posts
Does anyone have news or pics regarding this project?

Has construction started, or has it possibly been delayed due to the melt down of the world?

Maybe they had time to redesign some of the buildings. (lol)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts