SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
40,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It shows a part of future Luanda, many slums are about to disappear which means massive ressettlement of people into new housings into another area of Luanda, new highways, new parks, new high-rises, new financial district, shopping, new marina, universities, hospitals, art galleries, public transport system etc.

Massive urban requalification...This has Dubai dimensions, the video mainly shows the urban requalification of Novo Samizanga (scroll the video and start watching it from 4:00min)

Angola´s government wants Luanda to become Africa´s best capital city

It will blow your mind, really! please take the time to watch the video!:cheers:

·
Be Your Self
812 Posts
It shows a part of future Luanda, many slums are about to disappear which means massive ressettlement of people into new housings into another area of Luanda, new highways, new parks, new high-rises, new financial district, shopping, new marina, universities, hospitals, art galleries, public transport system etc.

Massive urban requalification...This has Dubai dimensions, the video mainly shows the urban requalification of Novo Samizanga (scroll the video and start watching it from 4:00min)

Angola´s government wants Luanda to become Africa´s best capital city

It will blow your mind, really! please take the time to watch the video!:cheers:

Just Amazing. Awsome, realy ^^ great. Nothing to say. :cheers: Matt nice found:cheers::banana:. This will change Luanda skyline for ever

·
Mister One Million
5,485 Posts
That's a great looking city.
I hope it comes to fruition.
May the oil continue to flow.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
Its a pity I can't see the video as youtube is blocked here at work...Matt please try to find pics for some of us.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
the dream is coming true for angola. rock on matt boy, what a find

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
Do we have anything more concrete about this? I did a google serach and came up with nothing apart from youtube and ssc.

·
Villeurbanne
4,587 Posts
Same ... like theses towers growing in Luanda ... i'm afraid sometimes ... things are happening but no echo on the web. Africa is the silent continent.
HSNS (hope some news soon)

·
Registered
40,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it is really weird, I know....what you mean by "silent continent" ...take the current stadiums, they are under construction but you won´t find a single pic on the web, then we get the new international airport in Luanda

MARKETING IS A SHAME IN AFRICA!!!!

THE CONTINENT NEEDS TO INVEST IN MARKETING OR THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL CONTINUE TO THINK THAT WE ALL LIVE IN CAVES OR ON TREES IMAGES THAT THE WESTERNE MEDIA LIKE TO SHOW ABOUT AFRICA!!!!

T-H-I-N-G-S H-A-V-E T-O C-H-A-N-G-E!!!!

MARKETING IS A KEY TO A BETTER IMAGE FOR AFRICA!!!

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
Barragon, I don't think moderators are concerned about having Angolan or any other African country forum even though there's much more developments than other countries I which have got their own forums. This is so sad. I just hope one of them will in detail tell us what process they take to create a new forum for a country.

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
It sounds amazing and if theres any country in Africa to do it, its Angola. But I'll hold back the cheers till I see something more concrete than youtube!

·
Mister One Million
5,485 Posts
it is really weird, I know....what you mean by "silent continent" ...take the current stadiums, they are under construction but you won´t find a single pic on the web, then we get the new international airport in Luanda

MARKETING IS A SHAME IN AFRICA!!!!

THE CONTINENT NEEDS TO INVEST IN MARKETING OR THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL CONTINUE TO THINK THAT WE ALL LIVE IN CAVES OR ON TREES IMAGES THAT THE WESTERNE MEDIA LIKE TO SHOW ABOUT AFRICA!!!!

T-H-I-N-G-S H-A-V-E T-O C-H-A-N-G-E!!!!

MARKETING IS A KEY TO A BETTER IMAGE FOR AFRICA!!!
We have to remember that in Angola there is hardly any need for advertising and marketing. In other countries large (and small) projects need to be "sold" to the local community - the community needs to support the development. If they don't support it, the people can place pressure on zoning commissions etc. to not approve the project. In Chicago, there's been a public fury over the construction of a children's museum inside a park here. That doesn't happen in Angola.

Angola is still relatively closed politically, and in terms of civil society. The government negotiates with contractors/designers and the private businessmen involved; there's not much need for public consultation.

1 - 20 of 306 Posts