SkyscraperCity Forum banner

LUBUMBASHI | General Construction

54936 Views 170 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  peniela
Congo's Second city, South East part of the country.

Population 1.8 million .

New Housing being built by Echelle Congo.

41 - 60 of 171 Posts
the runway is about to start soon June is the deadline. Kyungu wa Kuwanza will put some fire in someone's ass. Knife fight already broke out at the provinical assembly things must be set back to order.

road construction

parc creation
That's how people are taxed in Addis so what's the problem. I had to sell my coat watch and shoe outside the Addis airprt because I forgot about the tax. Look at Bole airport now.
What hurts, each passenger $ 10 for domestic flights and $ 50 for international flights. RVA has enough by now to repair or built new runway in Katanga.

Mulopwe
I also believe that the funds were diverted elsewhere during the recession. It's a damn shame they haven't fixed the runway in Lubumbashi. I can't stand that airport it so fucking old. I guess shutting it down would put some heat on the central government and RVA to get their act together. Luano airport needs to be bulldozed.
Its a damn shame that there have to be threats before something is done.

When are we ever going to have authorities that do things because its their jobs.

Wonder where all the taxes from people went.
Ministère national recherche scientifique, Tournée au Katanga

stadium
Thanks for vids,

Can you download the Mazembe Stadium construction as well?
Damn that was fast. Thanks a lot man.

But 18,000? thats 2 small? :eek:hno: i was expecting something like 40,000.
only way to build that huge would be at the outskirt, plus this is being built with Chapwe cash doubt he his going to be spending all of his money on a large stadium.
It could be expanded in future, wonder what incentive was given to TP Mazembe, for their heroics last season by the government. Nice to see Chapwe doing what he does best.
Most likely but I think building in the outskirts of the city would be great, Lubumbashi should be expanding out it's getting crowded. A large 80,000 seater stadium or arena will expand the city out.
It could be expanded in future, wonder what incentive was given to TP Mazembe, for their heroics last season by the government. Nice to see Chapwe doing what he does best.
Building it outside the city is not a good idea. That bad for the fans. Don't ever build a stadium far from fans.

Public transportation is not that good. Look at how American and SA , Eorpeans, Japanese, Korean, North African .stadiums are. right in the middle of the city.
Most likely but I think building in the outskirts of the city would be great, Lubumbashi should be expanding out it's getting crowded. A large 80,000 seater stadium or arena will expand the city out.
Fans? Soccer is not all that is to focus on. Lubumbashi needs a large stadium for events more than soccer. Driving from one end of the city to the other takes less than 15 minutes, you can walk the ends in less then 2 hours. Lubumbashi isn't NYC or other large cities, it still expanding building on the outskirts won't hurt anyone, a whole new city Luano is being built right on the outskirt. We need to start expanding.
I know you want the city to expand. Something i'm very much against. if it expands. i want it to expand slowly.

It's about the cost of transportation for the people, infrastructures cost for the local government.

Keep it small as possible. or we will start seing erosion like the ones eating Kinshasa up.

We haven't even finished paving all the roads in Lubumbashi, Kinshasa , don't even mention other cities. some that even have only 1 or 2 paped roads, some don't even have one.

Exapinding without properly managing the existing build area will make it worst than Kinshasa.

I would want the large Stadium to be build at the current site in Kenya Commune or around Downtown or somewhere within the city where the majority of people live. Putting the stadium on outskirt of the ity will make it worst.

Look at where they are building Mazembe stadium. Indiside the city. thats great :yes:

Of course Lubumbashi needs a 60,000 seater Multi-Purpose Stadium. But not outside the city.

Don't forget that the majority of fans don't drive. they love it when they can rach the Stedium easily and closer to their homes. instead of spending the money on public transportation then on the stadium again. :nono:

Its about economic outlook . Most people will desagree with your plan.
Fans? Soccer is not all that is to focus on. Lubumbashi needs a large stadium for events more than soccer. Driving from one end of the city to the other takes less than 15 minutes, you can walk the ends in less then 2 hours. Lubumbashi isn't NYC or other large cities, it still expanding building on the outskirts won't hurt anyone, a whole new city Luano is being built right on the outskirt. We need to start expanding.
i don't want Lubumbashi to look Like LA or Houston these ugly, polluted, Dirsty, public transportation rigged cities.

Do you know how much money cities with of this model spend? how would never want to become the major of cities like this.

San diego, San-Fransisco, Euro cities, Jpanese, cities are the best model of cities you want to get.
I'm glad Freeport is an Arizona based Company, and Kabila has flown over to Phoenix. Hopefully we get developers from Arizona. Phoenix, Tempe and Scottdale are amazing. Luano city would of been amazing, 4 billion dollar of fucking waste. I wont be buying a plot there.

Phoenix Downtown
Thats just a dream. Why would South africans pay Americans for a simple job they do themselves?
What? I'm talking about developers. It would of been sweet if they were from Arizona, Phoenix is a nice city. Fungurume in a couple of years will surpass Lubumbashi and it's association with Freeport will probably get developers from there with interest in Katanga. Arizona has some really nice cities.
Thats just a dream. Why would South africans pay Americans for a simple job they do themselves?
never Fungurume will never surpass L'shi. at least not in this century. Kolwezi is not even half way. how would Fung'me do so? how many are going to be working in Fung'me? 1 million?

L'shi is 1.8 million. Fung'me is not even 250,000. how would they catch Lubumbashi? Remember Lubumbashi is still growing fast and all the infrastructures being laid down? With a Chance for CAF hosting construction , it will even grow faster.

I fact L'shi will be more than 2 million before 2014. and Fungurume not even 300,000 in 2020.
What? I'm talking about developers. It would of been sweet if they were from Arizona, Phoenix is a nice city. Fungurume in a couple of years will surpass Lubumbashi and it's association with Freeport will probably get developers from there with interest in Katanga. Arizona has some really nice cities.
Fungurume is growing. Young bucks of Lubumbashi are looking for jobs in Fungurume, you move where jobs are promising. This is the main reason for growth in Kolwezi and Likasi also. Fungurume has an international runway already laid. Lubumbashi does not revolve around soccer, soccer doesn't feed you, the mining sector does. Farming and Mining investments are active in Fungurume and people are flocking. Fungurume is going to be the biggest city in the area.
41 - 60 of 171 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.