-------------------------------------------------

Hôtel KARAVIA visité par Député Wivine Moleka

Durant les travaux le 26 novembre 2009

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well done.
Looks great, I dont know if its just me but
a simple little project of such an hotel as this has to be implied to be state project.
With that said, look at this hotel and the pictures I wouldnt ever know I am in Congo.
If we are able to build things such as this why cant we put our heads togetrher......

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Well done.
Looks great, I dont know if its just me but
a simple little project of such an hotel as this has to be implied to be state project.
With that said, look at this hotel and the pictures I wouldnt ever know I am in Congo.
If we are able to build things such as this why cant we put our heads togetrher......
It seems there is no simple in the vocabulary in DRC. Karavia has always been owned by the state. The state didn't have cash & wants a private - public partnership because of their poor management skills and also to keep Karavia (Congelese), that's was the best deal.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
It seems there is no simple in the vocabulary in DRC. Karavia has always been owned by the state. The state didn't have cash & wants a private - public partnership because of their poor management skills and also to keep Karavia (Congelese), that's was the best deal.
The most laughable thing is . The state doesn't and will never know how to manage anything. But they want to keep holding on companies. No Congolese central government should never manage anything .

How can someone living 2000 km away manage something?

Utilities should be left to local governments (Water, electricity, hospitals, Schools, Hospitals etc...).

Things such as Hotels, stadiums, housing , communications etc... belong to private sector. Not those thieves pretending to run things.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The most laughable thing is . The state doesn't and will never know how to manage anything. But they want to keep holding on companies. No Congolese central government should never manage anything .

How can someone living 2000 km away manage something?

Utilities should be left to local governments (Water, electricity, hospitals, Schools, Hospitals etc...).

Things such as Hotels, stadiums, housing , communications etc... belong to private sector. Not those thieves pretending to run things.
Exactly! I don't know if Katanga Gouvernorat put money into Karavia but they should try to take it back from Central Gov.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
52,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will be a perfect hotel for ACN ... 2017 :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
I forgot one little remark, 3/4 of workers on that project were foreigners because there is no qualified congolese workers particulary for the finishing. Outside looks good but inside very poor.

I don't know if I already shared with you those pictures from Encorim sprl:

Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157624072101858/show/

Are you talking about the bulders for the hotel?
And looking at the pictures, they mostly seem Congolese to me....
If they have guys who can do that great of work from the pictures why would they need to bring in help?

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Nijal,

Tu vien de quel pays?
Je suis français. J'ai vécu une demi-année à Lubumbashi.

Je n'ai donc pas connu l'hôtel Karavia avant sa rénovation. Mais je trouve que ce bâtiment a tout de même une certaine classe. C'est le plus moderne de Lubumbashi, avec aussi peut-être la "Plage".

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Are you talking about the bulders for the hotel?
And looking at the pictures, they mostly seem Congolese to me....
If they have guys who can do that great of work from the pictures why would they need to bring in help?
Yes for the hotel. What I want to point is, let's take the example of the renovation of the Airport of Kalemie, you can easily notice that there is not originality, no style compared to the presidential salon at the airport of N'djili. The finishing is a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts