Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2831 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And we're off

Today heralds what we assume is the beginning of these two amazing, tall buildings.

54 stories (171 meters/ 570 feet) and 32 stories (112 meters/ 373 foot) high

Lumiere will therefore be the tallest residential building in the UK and one of the tallest in Europe.

In celebration of this may I add woooooooooooooo!!!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
9 Posts
lumiere 3

I hope this really is the beginning and we dont endure any more serious hold ups...Maybe i should get down to the site and be cheeky enough again to ask those on site for some more info !

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ok so here we go !... It's started ! 21.05.2007 :banana: Was chatting to a guy on site today then later to the driver of the digger, Think he said he worked for Hanleys or Hewlletts, something like that ?, They will be test piling in 2 weeks time then "capping off" 2 weeks after that they will be piling again 5 sets (areas) of piling work 4 on each set... There is nothing wrong with the ground work !!!! The driver of the digger said the ground was fine, He said Lumiere is NOT behind schedule and everything is "running on time".. Get in there ! :scouserd:

Photos from today.. 21.05.2007 at approx 13:00

If you can notice the hole below,its a deep void in the middle of the photo, was told that it will be filled in !

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hmm, I was driving along Whitehall Road/Aire Street at about 1.15pm. There was a guy chatting to a couple of the construction workers; he was wearing a darkish blue tee shirt with the number 5 on the back. Was that you?
Yes that was me ! :)

·
Mhmm?
3,733 Posts
Excellent pics. I think we'll look back in a few years time and be all nostalgic about the first construction pics of one of the tallest UK buildings!

Subliving.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Wow, exciting stuff, its great towers of this size are being built in northern cities, it's great that its in Yorkshire too.:cheers:

I've been getting all excited that we've finally got a tower over 100m under construction in Sheffield, god knows what I would be like if we had this being built lol!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Excellent pics. I think we'll look back in a few years time and be all nostalgic about the first construction pics of one of the tallest UK buildings!

Subliving.
I have about 10 more so from today, so if anyone wants them or wants to view them they can at photobucket.com, I'll post the rest later :)

·
Mancunian Member
7,184 Posts
On behalf of all the Mancs, welcome to the start of your promotion to the Premier League of UK skyscrapers!

·
Registered
629 Posts

just thought i'd post another pic, cant get enough of it

·
Registered
314 Posts
yes yes yes yes and yes this has been so anticipated i thin k a bit of wee has just escaped LOL

this is such good news im over the moon what a legend mr linfoot is we should make him king of yorkshire

LINFOOT FOR KING OF YORKSHIRE

·
Mancunian Member
7,184 Posts
I thought it was a fairly understood fact on these forums that we don't include London? It's a different country. :wink2:

Subliving.
:lol: I can agree to that! Like Man United and the Premier League Trophy when Chelsea and Arsenal won it, the title was only on loan! That'd make Brum Arsenal and Leeds Chelsea! :lol:

Enjoy the neckache! :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
oh yes if you go onto the eastgate page there is some real nervous tension and some of the manc forumers saying its looking likely that its not starting for a good while if at all, thats a shame for manchester looks like the tallest residential building will have to be in leeds for the forseeable future lets have it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 20 of 2831 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.