Registered
27,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boom

Application Details
Application Number2017/07207/PA
Application TypeFull Planning
Site Address75-80 High Street Digbeth Birmingham B12 0LL
ProposalDemolition of existing buildings and the development of 517 residential apartments (including a 25 storey tower) with commercial units (Class A1-A5 and Class D2) at ground floor level and parking
Planning Officer

·
Birmingham - #1
Back, for now. 🥴
22,794 Posts
This is really nice, looks solid and brings another talk towarsa the edge of the Ring Road, will work perfect with the Metro also. 75m is a great height for this side of the City. Big thumbs up from me. It says in the D&A Statement that Renault will be moving to a new premises at the end of 2017, so I assume demolition would have soon after.

·
Jersey's finest
4,700 Posts
As I mentioned in the development thread. I've been away for a week and come back to two new tower proposals. This one and Bristol Street.

So the trick for a busy forum is for me to be on Holiday.

So on that bombshell, if you'd all like to deposit the necessary funds in my account I'll happily do some more travelling. I want to do as many of the Greek Islands as possible.

On a serious note, this is great news. Wonderful to see Digbeth getting the investment it deserves. Is this a result of the metro running down there in the future?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
We're seeing a lot of these grey buildings lately. I'm not a fan of grey. Well it depends on the material really.

Bye bye Garden Hill.
Yes page 11 on the D&A statement confirms that this replaces the previous Garden Hill proposal with reasons why. Initially I thought that was to be on the Bull Ring Trading Estate site further down.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Gutted that the quality Garden Hill is being replaced with this dreary thing
Yes it would have been great to see something bold like that, but it was a bit pie in the sky really as it would have never have got through planning due to one reason or another.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts