Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...condos-go-from-recession-doom-to-boom/2184331

Thought I'd start some speculation about what may come.

St Pete seems to be the leader in the pricey luxury condos with the 9-story twins on Snell and the new proposed 18-story building with large units and basically two units per floor only separated by a stairway.

Clearwater, no idea where another one could go or if any developer wants to go big and tall.

Tampa is still going apartment crazy and possibly some may be converted. Aquatica is the only lux tower right now for Tampa. Bayshore seems to be the only place developers are interested in.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was thinking about this during the boom of proposed hotels on Clearwater Beach currently, as only one project I know of includes condos. Such a drastic change.

·
Registered
546 Posts
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...condos-go-from-recession-doom-to-boom/2184331

Thought I'd start some speculation about what may come.

St Pete seems to be the leader in the pricey luxury condos with the 9-story twins on Snell and the new proposed 18-story building with large units and basically two units per floor only separated by a stairway.

Clearwater, no idea where another one could go or if any developer wants to go big and tall.

Tampa is still going apartment crazy and possibly some may be converted. Aquatica is the only lux tower right now for Tampa. Bayshore seems to be the only place developers are interested in.
St. Pete has done well compared to most places in Florida north of Broward County, however, I think the high rise condo market in Tampa is underrated. The view on the waterfront is easy to imagine in St. Pete, but I almost like the view from the towers in Tampa more. There is more to look at with an interesting shore line and Davis and Harbor Islands along with Bayshore. The Tampa skyline and Plant Hall also are very pretty. I love St. Pete, but I really think Tampa's highrise market, view wise, is underrated. In the end, it also comes down to amenities and St. Pete blows DT Tampa out of the water right now, but it would not take much for Tampa to take steps towards matching St. Pete, and with Soho and Ybor, there are already interesting areas of night life and excitement. With Clearwater, we really do have some beautiful views for people to enjoy in this area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts