Старий М
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's right there in front of you :sleepy:

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
shosho said:
btw Pavlo, do you know anyone with the last name TKA4YK (consider 4 'ch' and Y as ukrainian letters..) in Ukraine? That's my lastname.
Tkachuk is a very popular last name. I have a few friends with that last name! ;)
BTW, You should visit the EE forum, we often have things about Ukraine.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'll be quite close to Lviv this summer and I really want to go but my parents don't want to cross the border into Ukraine :bash:

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
zaqattaq said:
I'll be quite close to Lviv this summer and I really want to go but my parents don't want to cross the border into Ukraine :bash:
Where are you going (Hungary, Poland?), and why don't they want to cross into Ukraine?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yes I will be in Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia but they don't feel Ukraine is safe, I am quite sure this is not the case in Lviv.

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
zaqattaq said:
Yes I will be in Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia but they don't feel Ukraine is safe, I am quite sure this is not the case in Lviv.
Not "safe" in what way.
If they're not convinced, they can always check out advisories (most countries have them), or travel guides which usually mention the state of things in terms of security, safety, etc.

Last time I was in Lviv, I didn't have any major problems. But at the same time, I'm not really a "traveler", since it's my hometown.

If you're concerned about people being able to spot you as a rich, Western tourist, that probably won't happen. People in Lviv dress very nicely, and even better than in most Western countries.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Don't get me wrong I agree 100% with you but it won't be that easy to persuade my mother

Would you say Lviv has a whole different feel than the rest of the country?

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
zaqattaq said:
Don't get me wrong I agree 100% with you but it won't be that easy to persuade my mother

Would you say Lviv has a whole different feel than the rest of the country?
That's what I mean, to pursuade your mother, you should show her some travel advisories, or guides about safety in Ukraine.

What else can I tell you? Mention things that I said in my posts, and keep in mind, every country has crime, so act as you would in any other country. Stay alert, be aware of your surroundings, things like that. Pretty common sense things.

Although, I'm surprised that your mother is so cautious about Ukraine, when you mentioned you're going to Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. Lviv will not be any more dangerous than any of the places you mentioned. Keep in mind, Lviv is like an hour from the borders of those countries, how different can they be?

And yes, I would say that Lviv is a very unique place in Ukraine. It's a completely different feel. I could go on for ages, but I'm afraid you'll get bored. In overview, it's a really historical, European city. It's like an open-air museum - in the old city, each street has old buildings, museums, cafe's (on every corner). It's a whole different atmosphere, you almost feel like you're going back in time.

You should check out some photos in the Eastern Europe forum! We have tons of them! :colgate:

Hope this helps!

·
8,168 Posts
One of the most beautiful cities in Europe IMO, in "Rate Our Architecture" I would give it 9,5/10, but this is "Rate Our Skylines"... 5,5/10 ;)

More skyline pics:

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
It has some nice church spires/domes/turrets and plenty of greenery, which I like. I wouldn't really call it a proper skyline, but it looks very nice, and it would be unfair to give it a really low score. So I'll give a fairly reasonable 6 out of 10.

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
iMariah said:
It's a very historical skyline, and those pictures don't even show half of it. But I didn't make the thread.
If you have better pictures then please post them. I don't understand why you consider yourself to be the smartest one on the whole goddamn forum.

G

·
WOW!!! What a gorgeous city!! :) :) :) Who knew that existed in Ukraine. I'll DEF have to visit someday. But as far as a modern skyline......practically non-existant 2/10. Beautiful town though. :)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts