SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consideration of a Major Use Special Permit for the Paramount Park project, located at approximately 728 Biscayne Boulevard and 225 NE 7 Street. (Downtown NET District)
No.: 2005-033 Applicant: Adrienne F. Pardo, on behalf of Panelinios, Limited.
Consideration of a Resolution approving with conditions a Major Use Special Permitpursuant to Articles 5, 13 and 17 of Zoning Ordinance No. 11000, as amended, the Paramount Park project (MU-2005-007), located at approximately 728 Biscayne Boulevard and 225 NE 7 Street, Miami, Florida, to construct a 756-foot, 68-story high mixed use structure to be comprised of approximately 467 total multifamily residential unitswith recreational amenities; approximately 120 hotel rooms; approximately 12,947 square
feet of retail space; and approximately 818 total parking spaces; providing for certain floor
area ratio (“FAR”) bonuses.

2. Consideration of a Major Use Special Permit for the Park Lane Tower project, located at
approximately 345 NE 32 Street. (Wynwood/Edgewater NET District)
No.: 2005-034 Applicant: Adrienne F. Pardo, on behalf of Park Lane Towers,
LLC.
Consideration of a Resolution approving with conditions a Major Use Special Permit pursuant to Articles 5, 9, 13 and 17 of Zoning Ordinance No. 11000, as amended, the Park Lane Tower project (MU-2005-009), located at approximately 345 NE 32 Street, Miami, Florida, to construct a 437-foot, 22-story high mixed use structure to be comprised of approximately 143 total multifamily residential units with recreational amenities; approximately 19,839 sq. ft. of office space; approximately 16,310 square feet of retail and
restaurant space; and approximately 371 total parking spaces; providing for certain floorarea ratio (“FAR”) bonuses.

3. Consideration of a Major Use Special Permit for the Bayview Market project, located at
approximately NE 17 Street and NE 2 Avenue; 51 NE 17 Terrace; 59 NE 17 Terrace; 65
NE 17 Terrace; 67 NE 17 Terrace; 69 NE 17 Terrace; 75 NE 17 Terrace; and 79 NE 17 Terrace. (Wynwood/Edgewater NET District)
No.: 2005-035 Applicant: Lucia A. Dougherty, on behalf of BDB Miami, LLC,
owner/contract purchaser, F & C Kochen LLC, and Sylvia Whyte
Mfg. Co., and Abacus Advisory & Consulting Corp.
Consideration of a Resolution approving with conditions a Major Use Special Permitpursuant to Articles 13 and 17 of Zoning Ordinance No. 11000, as amended, the Bayview
Market project (MU-2005-003), located at approximately NE 17 Street and NE 2 Avenue;51 NE 17 Terrace; 59 NE 17 Terrace; 65 NE 17 Terrace; 67 NE 17 Terrace; 69 NE 17 Terrace; 75 NE 17 Terrace; and 79 NE 17 Terrace., Miami, Florida, to construct a 160-foot, four story high mixed use structure to be comprised of approximately 653,659 square feet
of retail space (14,325 sq. ft. of which is street side); approximately 24 total loft residentialunits; and approximately 2,360 total parking spaces.

4. Consideration of a Major Use Special Permit for the Lynx Downtown project, located at approximately 16 SE 2 Street; 60 SE 2 Street; 41 SE 3 Street; and 61 SE 3 Street.
(Downtown NET District)
No.: 2005-036 Applicant: Lucia A. Dougherty, on behalf of Downtown
Associates, LLC, contract purchaser and 1225 SW 8 Street
Property, owner. Consideration of a Resolution approving with conditions a Major Use Special Permit pursuant to Articles 13 and 17 of Zoning Ordinance No. 11000, as amended, the Lynx Downtown project (MU-2005-008), located at approximately 16 SE 2 Street; 60 SE 2 Street; 41 SE 3 Street; and 61 SE 3 Street, Miami, Florida, to construct a mixed use six building cluster development to be comprised of approximately 430 total multifamily
residential units; approximately 91 live/work units; approximately 207 condominium/hotel units; approximately 194 hotel rooms; approximately 147,696 square feet of office space; approximately 50,357 square feet of retail and restaurant space; a 291-foot high vertical
sports club of approximately 111,041 square feet; and approximately 1,459 total parking spaces.

City of Miami
Planning Advisory Board Agenda
April 20, 2005
CITY OF MIAMI PLANNING DEPARTMENT
444 SW 2ND AVENUE, 3RD FLOOR MIAMI, FLORIDA, 33130 PHONE (305) 416-1400
Printed on 4/8/2005 Page 3 of 3
5. Consideration of amending Ordinance 10544, as amended, the Miami ComprehensiveNeighborhood Plan, in order to amend the Future Land Use Element/Map by amending the
text to incorporate language regarding the designation of an Urban Central Business District.No.: 2005-037 Applicant: City of Miami Planning Department
Consideration of amending Ordinance 10544, as amended, the Miami ComprehensiveNeighborhood Plan, in order to amend the Future Land Use Element/Map by amending thetext to incorporate language regarding the designation of an Urban Central Business
District within the City of Miami pursuant to Section 380.06(2)(e), Florida Statutes, setting forth the boundaries of the Urban Central Business District; establishing guidelines and standards which shall be applicable to developments within the Urban Central Business
District; providing for transmission to the Department of Community Affairs; providing forconflicts, severability, codification and an effective date.

PAB Workshop with City Attorney’s Office
DISCUSSION ITEM(S)

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whoa i hadn't noticed this but looking back at the city report i have a feeling lynx might not have it easy getting approval.because the FAR bonuses needed.

for those who don't know what FAR IS,FAR is what allows you to add more sqft and increase height of the building i don't remember how MUCH FAR is allowed in downtown but i sure know that lYNX IS PROBABLY GOING TO BREAK THE RECORD.now if you surpass the allowed FAR you must pay a certain fee into the affordable housing trust from the looks of it lynx might have to pay an excess of 2.5million

lynx has an FAR of 20.62 the next closest project is infinity 2 at 10.78,so this is likely to get interesting.i know alot of ppl probably don't get what i JUST TALKED ABOUT BUT FAR is difficult to understand

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
The Mad Hatter!! said:
i don't remember how MUCH FAR is allowed in downtown but i sure know that lYNX IS PROBABLY GOING TO BREAK THE RECORD.now if you surpass the allowed FAR you must pay a certain fee into the affordable housing trust from the looks of it lynx might have to pay an excess of 2.5million
There's a deal nearby where the Floor to Area Ratio is 8. It's probably the same for Lynx.
It's not too too difficult....if you have a lot that has 100,000 square feet of land, and your FAR is 8, then you can only build 100,000 x's 8 of floor space = 800,000 sq ft.
If FAR were you ONLY restriction: you could build a 80 story building with 10,000 sq feet on each floor. Of course there are other restrictions...in this exaggeration...economic feasibility is the main restriction.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
j/w
they dont count how high each ceiling is right? the 800,00 squre feet is just the measure of the floor area correct,

so if they wanted tall they can just increase the height of each floor right? no problem there

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but then economic feaseablity changes for the developer

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
That's right! Taller ceilings mean more concrete per sellable unit, more expensive glass and frames for the windows, and , you would guess, more powerful and expensive heating cooling units per sellable apt. Of course there are some cost savings...you only need one refriderator in one twenty ft tall ceiling apt as opposed to two fridges for two 10 ft tall ceiling apts, but it is really a balancing act, and the ceiling heights are usually as tall as they need to be to sell out! It's a beautiful balancing act.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
paramount park,i've had this rendering for a little while now but decided to post it today---AN ALL GLASS BEAUTY-i like the parking lot it looks like it has two p's

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
aaahhh! i luv it a tall glass beauty

god i luv that street, its gonna b soo fukin kik ass

wats the height on this baby... i no weve had it for a while and whered u get the rendering uptown? i luv it

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nimbyhater said:
aaahhh! i luv it a tall glass beauty

god i luv that street, its gonna b soo fukin kik ass

wats the height on this baby... i no weve had it for a while and whered u get the rendering uptown? i luv it

i can't give away my sources nimby come on

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i've been holding out a while because i got it from a friend which told me to hold it for a little while so that he wouldn't get in trouble

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this was the surprise i had for you guys but for some reason everyone thought i was going to post lynx

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
The Mad Hatter!! said:
i've been holding out a while because i got it from a friend which told me to hold it for a little while so that he wouldn't get in trouble
That's cool...sometimes it hard to keep it under your mad hat, but there have been a few times when people see a nice picture and have Reaction to it, and the next thing you know...it's posted 727 times.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts