SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 1988 Posts

·
28,084 Posts

·
Banned
539 Posts
Budget is estimated to 250 to 300 M euros
1 third naming rights (they have high hopes)
1 third private equity (OL is a succesfull company)
1 third public (department, Lyon Metro, Region)

Lol....does ANYTHING ever get built in France WITHOUT tax payers money.

·
Super Moderator
10,987 Posts
Wow, they all wear Juninho jerseys.
the first thing I noticed as well :lol:
Well let's be honest, in 10 years nobody will remember that team, that stadium will remain empty, Lyon has never been known for its football fans

But 60km down the road, St Etienne is thinking of building a new stadium as well, although there are no plans yet, only visions

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Well let's be honest, in 10 years nobody will remember that team, that stadium will remain empty, Lyon has never been known for its football fans
Oh thank you for being honest, M. Nostradamus.

Anyway, it's a great project, I love it (it's a shame we must read foolish comments each time someone's jealous of a project though...)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really don't like the idea for the roof but that's just my opinion. And why trying to design it with Emirates stadium as an inspiration ? This stadium is really not that great.
The Dallas Cowboys new stadium now that's something !

·
Super Moderator
10,987 Posts
Oh thank you for being honest, M. Nostradamus.

Anyway, it's a great project, I love it (it's a shame we must read foolish comments each time someone's jealous of a project though...)
Who's jealous?
I like the project, and most of all I admire Aulas for doing something everybody else is afraid of doing in France.
But on the other hand, even you with your bias Lyonnais, have to admit that Lyon coming from a footballistic desert, and still having not gone to a simple European semi-final, isn't ready for such a big stadium. If however Perrin manages to do it, then that will open a new era for the club. Until then, this is a really nice project, but somehow not backed by the team's results.

Besides Aulas, Seydoux at Lille is also doing well trying to push for a new big stadium, whether it's public or not, because at least them two know that French football is falling behind other leagues like a rock from a cliff

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Like many stadiums the roof seems to have been designed to look nicer from a helicopter than it does from the perspective of someone inside the stadium.

·
Super Moderator
10,987 Posts
^^well usually in a stadium you're supposed to look down at the pitch, and not at the roof

The roof was extended from its usual purpose to a more flashy sort of glass cover that will appeal for people from outside

I find this view really nice:

·
Let's dance in style!
572 Posts
After all the turmoil of the late fall, it seems OL is back on the top.

For the stadium, a lot of people living in the area of Decine are determined to bare the stadium to be built. Nothing serious has yet happened but those people seems to have potential to make Aulas life a living hell.

I'm surprised that after all this time, no newer pix have appeared.

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
In Fance it is the same! a lot of associations (green ecology, protectors of historiacl architecture..) try to cancel every projects!!!

Lyon and lille,Valenciennes are concerned!

21 - 40 of 1988 Posts