Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
27,958 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The only thing that gives away its price tag is the facade. Arguably the greatest value for money stadium in the world.

Very true, but that is one of the most god awful ugly facades in history.

The Monumental U in Lima, as well as Stanford stadium in Palo Alto California has suspiciously low price tags as well. Stanford actually looks pretty good, 50,000 seats built in 1 year in 2006 for $90 million. Its got a big open concourse, top promenade, some suites, club club seats. No roof, but thats cheaper than what 20,000 seat MLS stadiums have been going for in this country.

·
Tudo pra melhor.
2,397 Posts
Borussia fan, don't take it personally... but how Borussia could have a stadium like this ? It's much better than some Top European Teams... the city gave the stadium for Borussia for some reason as a ''Gift'' ??

Cheers !

·
Registered
27,958 Posts
I think it just cost 80-90 Mil. €.
Land was free?

·
Registered
27,958 Posts
my pics

·
Registered
27,958 Posts

·
Registered
27,958 Posts

·
Registered
27,958 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
If this place didn't possess such a high capacity, and great terraced areas, dare I say it would be slated for being a "Boring bowl"?
I've been a fan of this club all my life but I agree with, the facade is even worse. Below you can see an previous design which was droped in favor of a higher capacity.

http://www.architekten24.de/mediadb/news/2540/historie_4.jpg

There also was a concept called IBM-Arena in the mid 90's similar to what was built in Gelsenkirchen but can't find pictures of it any more.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's a shame the final products are rarely the immense proposals we are used to seeing from designer firms. The stadium as it is ticks all the necessary boxes and as a sporting venue is very very good, but that facade especially makes it look like most new builds here in the U.K....and that's not a good thing.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts