Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to Germany: Munich

Hey to you all.

I will be visiting Germany for two weeks. Will get off at Frankfurt Airport and my uncle will come pick me up and will be staying with my family in Munich.

What should I see there? I would like to check out some of the museums there… do you have the website for the city’s fine arts museum and the city’s contemporary art museum?

How is the night light in Munich? I bet it is much better then Montreal. Haha. I am 19 years old, am I under age?

Thanks.

I will Post picture when I get there

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think there´s lot of nightlife, but i would consider it as kind of snobish. Anyway, with 19 you´re oficially allowed to get in where ever you want, and drink what ever and how much you want! So if you´re into nightlife just go to the city center and watch out for Flyers or clubing guides, most time you find these in "trendy" fashion stores or bars. Or just go to the center in the night, maybe at 10pm, and check out whats going on. :cheers1:

·
Private Variable
1,193 Posts
wikitravel: Munich

19 years, thats not under age, you can drink and drive :cheers: :nuts:
or got some callgirls if you like. :banana:

·
Premium member
10,343 Posts
The P1 is a decent nightclub in Munich. Just tell the taxi driver. :cheers:

·
Registered
616 Posts
^^if you meet there a monkey-looking guy with blond hair and an 18 years old girl with him stay away,he's dangerous!!

·
Endorsed by the NRA
SSC User of the Year 1987
25,241 Posts
Bayernparty im P1 mit Miss Tirol. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Munich - Füssen is two hours by train, from there you have to catch a bus or taxi for the last 5km. Easily possible in one day. If you go in winter don't forget warm clothes (snow...), if you go in summer you can hang around the lakes around for one or two hours. Hiking boots give you access to the Pöllat gorge, the best way up to the castle and without the herds of tourists. The second castle (Hohenschwangau) is woth a visit as well. Don't miss Marienbrücke for the best photo spot. And bring your own food, the area of Hohenschwangau is probably Germanys only real tourist trap.
I would go to Munich without stopping in Frankfurt for long, you loose too much time and there's plenty of things to see in Munich.

Cologne is a day tip, I would do that spontaneously if you wake up after a long night and don't want to go to uni (you'll experience these days, believe me). One day should be enough.

Heidelberg and Frankfurt would be possible on the same weekend. If so, don't catch the high speed trains from Cologne but use a "normal" train which goes through the Rhine valley (whine, castles, etc.) to frankfurt. Don't miss to stop at at least one village (plan a whole day for the Rhine Valley, e. g. you could stay overnight in Frankfurt and go to Heidelberg the next day).

The website of Deutsche Bahn (www.bahn.de) offers online schedules, so you can easily check the travel time and fares there. Should be in English as well.

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
München is number 2 in German urban tourism and in the European top 10 - so let's get this one up, just in case someone dares to enter the Munich forum and look for some advice. We're waiting for you! :devil:

·
My God is always eternal!
2,983 Posts
Visit all you can. Munich is a fascinating city!

When visiting Munich, go to:

- Marienplatz - Considered the central square of Munich, has existed since the founding of the city in 1158.

- Frauenkirche - Located in the central region, is the largest and main cathedral of Munich, and is considered a symbol of Germany.

- Viktualienmarkt - The largest market for agricultural products from Munich, with over 200 years of existence.

- Nymphenburg Palace - It was the summer residence of the Bavarian monarchy, and now a museum.

- Englischer Garten - Near the city center, is one of the largest public parks in the world. It was created in 1789 by Sir Benjamin Thompson. The name refers to the style of informal landscape, popular in England.

And it has many other attractions, such as:

- Siegestor
- Odeonsplatz, Karlsplatz, Lenbachplatz and Koeningsplatz
- Maximilianeum Palace
- Feldherrenhalle
- Theatinerkirche
- Residenz
- Nationaltheater
- Hellabrunn (Zoo)
- Schwabing (Neighborhood)
- Kunstareal

I'm sorry for my horrible English... :eek:hno: