Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new City of Melbourne logo:

I don't know how I feel. It was a rather unexpected change. Despite being nearly 20 years old, there was nothing wrong with the old logo:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't mind the new one. After a while we'll get used to it and might realise that the old logo was a bit tacky (and I'm not trying to say that it was tacky).

When I was younger, I thought that the logo was an 'i'.

·
Registered
598 Posts
At least it didnt cost as much as the London Olympic logo, lol. I actually like this new one, would be good to get something we can keep forever, something that the city can identify with like I(L)NY or something like that but something which is Melbourne and not a copy of another city...

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least it didnt cost as much as the London Olympic logo, lol. I actually like this new one, would be good to get something we can keep forever, something that the city can identify with like I(L)NY or something like that but something which is Melbourne and not a copy of another city...
I think it's drawn some inspiration from the London 2012 logo - no doubt Melburnians will take a love/hate attachment like Londoners have.
Like the L2012 logo- it risks "trying too hard". It might date quickly- and to be honest, I doubt it will last as long as the current City of Melbourne logo which has been around for nearly 20 years.

·
JOIN YOUR UNION
1,319 Posts
I like that its both simple and intricate. Very fed square. The old one was crap. I've no qualms about the amount spent, given that the M logo will replace the various brands used to market melbourne. This should do something in the way of making the Melbourne "brand" more cohesive and distinct. Depending on how much and where council plug it, the new logo could have a big impact.

·
derp
10,274 Posts
it's a load of wank

honestly, a logo is going to make people want to visit your city?

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
I'm definently going for a holiday in Melbourne now

·
derp
10,274 Posts
well now that all the cool people (i.e. Cruise) are doing it, i will too

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
The cool people are also about to join the orange people, You want in CKF?

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,281 Posts
It's O.K. I reckon it would look good as a building somewhere in Docklands. Could be our answer to the Sydney Opera House.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
A giant M or Sydney Opera house..... Hmmmm. I think I'd prefer the changing rooms on Brighton beach scattered on every street in Melbourne than a giant M in Docklands.

·
6,556 Posts
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.