Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,250 Posts
No, Thika Bypass is a KeRRA road in Thika town, meant to ease traffic between Thika -> Garissa road.
I can’t remember the thread by someone talked about this road and that it will make it easier to get to Waiyaki way. And avoid the traffic....

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
Oh Golly...Pangani interchange just got messier!

They have to reconfigure that area of the A2 between Kiambu road and the three level interchange before adding yet another interchange to that spot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh Golly...Pangani interchange just got messier!

They have to reconfigure that area of the A2 between Kiambu road and the three level interchange before adding yet another interchange to that spot.
As a daily user of Thika road, I agree unless pangani interchange is redone the traffic will stay backed up to Allsops every morning.

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
As a daily user of Thika road, I agree unless pangani interchange is redone the traffic will stay backed up to Allsops every morning.
I suggest they block Kiambu road traffic from joining the tunnel by building a forked flyover above the current eastleigh bound overpass joining Forest and Muranga road first before they add any more vehicles to those tunnels with this new road.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Its a shame its being done by RCC which has been disappointing so far. The project is already under construction and the dust Westlands/Parklands people will have to content with for the next 4 + years (yes, this guys are slow) is unimaginable.

·
Registered
390 Posts
M15 Missing Link Road

This road is already under construction and it is not joining Thika Highway directly.

It will join Muthaiga Road, opposite Oil Libya Plaza next to the Saudi Arabia Embassy. There is a lane, currently called Othelo Lane which will be the entry/exit from M15 into Muthaiga road. Already RCC has cleared both sides of that lane and there is a board right at that point with the details of the contractors and engineers etc.
Unless of course the project has changed.

Google map also shows some digging going on inside city part on the lower part of Muthaiga..I suspect that is the M15 highway and it looks like City Park Drive will be expanded to form part of the dual carriageway.
But unfortunately, there is a Mosque which has to be demolished and I don't think that will be an easy task!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The other section of the missing link from Juja road to Thika road is almost done. Briefly passed-by today, they have done the bridge and it looks like they are almost laying the tarmac all the way to TSH. But as said, RCC is just pathetic.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ive seen this road. Its under construction by RCC behind Parklands area as missing links. Super slow construction. It goes along the ring road from Sarit, past westgate and Oval, this area isnt touched yet, years later. Further on it becomes sixth Parklands avenue. This section has been built, when I saw it last week I wondered which major hidden 4 lane road is this under construction that I've not heard of. Its actually quite visible on Maps - -1.254267, 36.820553

·
Mkenya daima
1,904 Posts
This is not a new road.. it's Ring Road Parklands - Part of Eastern Missing.. Remember Nairobi has a series of ring roads and link roads that had been planned long ago.. some of which are still incomplete like this one..

And i think that must be an old map coz the new design that is being implemented by the RCC company ends on Muthaiga road just before Mobil plaza right after Saudi embassy. (but and not A2 as had earlier been planned). There is even a KURA board that was put there like 2 years ago.. besides fencing with iron sheets on both sides of the existing narrow path where the road is supposed to exit and join Muthaiga rd, nothing else has ever been done ever since.. .

·
Mkenya daima
1,904 Posts
I wonder why some serious projects like these ones are given to companies like RCC... The eastern missing links were launched by the president on the same day as ORR - Now ORR has been complete despite the size of the project being massive.. some small roads like muratina , Quarry and this one are not even half way..

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Some may argue that we need to build the capacity of our contractors but i would go with Chinese all the way, we needs road and asap

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.