SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Alá-lá-ô, ô ô ô ô ô ô
113 Posts
Cute buses.

Are there two bus employees on some of the buses? The photos of buses 28B and 23 appear to have two bus employees (driver and fare collector?) in the front of the bus.

Thanks

·
105,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, there is only a driver and that's it. For the smaller vans, there are smart card readers and the traditional farebox at the front of the vehicle.

·
POUND THE ALARM!!!
396 Posts
I really hate the mini buses, Once, there were 40 people in it and it was like hell of a time.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
hkskyline said:
No, there is only a driver and that's it. For the smaller vans, there are smart card readers and the traditional farebox at the front of the vehicle.
Only the Transmac buses have smart card readers, TCM buses do not. Both Bus Companies issue the Monthly Tickets for the Macau Residents.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i've been on one of those... its VERY crowded and the isle is too narrow, and low head room... ONE door only, and easy to hijack ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed that some buses have the detination names written both in chinese and portuguese (like "Ponte Horta"). Didn't know that the portuguese was so strong in Macau these days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hkskyline said:
Portuguese and Chinese are the official languages of Macau - not English.
PORTUGUÊS - Desculpe se o ofendi escrevendo em inglês, hkskyline. Na verdade, nunca achei que o inglês fosse língua oficial em Macau, mas sabia que a área pertenceu a Portugal até meados do ano 2000. Agradeço a compreensão e a resposta.

ENGLISH - Sorry if I offended you somehow by writing in english. In fact, I never thought that english was an official language in Macau, but I knew that the area was under portuguese influence until some year around 2000. I thank you for the comprehension and for the answer.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
hkskyline said:
Portuguese and Chinese are the official languages of Macau - not English.
JPDR said:
PORTUGUÊS - Desculpe se o ofendi escrevendo em inglês, hkskyline. Na verdade, nunca achei que o inglês fosse língua oficial em Macau, mas sabia que a área pertenceu a Portugal até meados do ano 2000. Agradeço a compreensão e a resposta.

ENGLISH - Sorry if I offended you somehow by writing in english. In fact, I never thought that english was an official language in Macau, but I knew that the area was under portuguese influence until some year around 2000. I thank you for the comprehension and for the answer.
Actually, that is according to Artcle 9 of the Macau's Basic Law. Nevertheless, there are less people speak Portuguese than English in Macau. :|

1 - 20 of 163 Posts