SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Macedonia is a predominantly mountainous country. The average altitude of the terrain is 850 meters. Approximately 80% of the country consists of hills and mountains. The mountains are divided into two basic groups: Dinaric and Rhodope. The mountains in the Rhodope group are older mountains. They are spread across the eastern part of the Republic of Macedonia. The mountains in the Dinaric group are younger mountains, situated in the western and central part of the country. They are divided in 3 subgroups: area around the Vardar river, area around Pelagonia valley and the are in the north-western part of the Republic of Macedonia.

There are three national parks protected by law in the Republic of Macedonia: Pelister, Mavrovo and Galichica.

Following is a list of the most important Macedonian mountains:

* Mount Korab (2764 m)
* Sar Mountain (2747 m)
* Baba Mountain(2601 m)
* Jakupica (2540 m)
* Nidze (2521 m)
* Deshat (2373 m)
* Galichica (2288 m)
* Stogovo (2273 m)
* Jablanica (2257 m)
* Deshat (2375 m)
* Osogovo (2252 m)
* Kožuf (2166 m)
* Bistra (2163 m)
* Celoica (2062 m)
* Belasica (2029 m)
* Kozjak (1284 m)
* Plakenska planina
* Konechka planina
* Maleshevski planini
* Plachkovica
* Busheva planina
* Babuna
* Ograzden
* Selechka planina
* Skopska Crna Gora

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
very nice ,really cool but Greece beats you muhaha Olympus is higher than Mount Korab -no but seriously very nice,really the second picture is it a mountain lake?

edit:probably not

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another batch of mountains :)

1 Sar mountain

2 Torrent on Sar mountain

3 Livadicko ezero, near Ljuboten peak, Sar mountain

4 Elenik, Mariovo

5 Karadzica

6 Kitka, Skopje is somewhere under that fog

7 Matka, those are Skopje suburbs in the valley

8 Malo ezero, Pelister

9 Golemo ezero (obviosly frozen), Pelister

10 Plackovica

11 Korab

12 Solunska glava peak, Jakupica

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very nice ,really cool but Greece beats you muhaha Olympus is higher than Mount Korab -no but seriously very nice,really the second picture is it a mountain lake?

edit:probably not
:D

Anyways I'm not aware of any lakes on Korab. But... U have some mountain lakes in the second batch of pictures I just posted

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
:D

Anyways I'm not aware of any lakes on Korab. But... U have some mountain lakes in the second batch of pictures I just posted

1. Here's another picture and it is from another angle. Obviously there are several lakes up there on Korab.

2. Another shot of Solunska Glava

3. Jelak (don't know where that is, but it looks nice)

4. Radika River, absolutely pristine from its springs to the point where it flows into Drim River (70km)

5. Another shot of Radika's crystal clear water

6. Mavrovo Lake

7. Mavrovsko again

8. Bistra near Galicnik

Sorry for the small pics. Those are the only one I have in my collection atm :(

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is there a mountain in R.O.M :)P) that has snow 12 months a year?or any ski center that is open in summer?(i know sounds a bit crazy just wondering)
no mate. As far as you can go for skiing is April usually, but March is already not so good. It happens every now and then a small snow cap to remain in some upper parts of the mountains (seen it in July once) but that's about it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts