Registered
28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opned 1917

Reactions: will101

·
Registered
18 Posts
I marched in the Drum Corps International World Championship Finals in this stadium in 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1992 in this stadium! Lots of great memories and a fantastic stadium!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I go passed this place all the time, and I'll be at a game here tomorrow. I absolutely love this stadium. The atmosphere is so incredible.

Of course, I'm a bit biased in my judgment of the stadium, since I'm a badger fan and live in Madison.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am a fan of the rival Minnesota Gophers but nobody can deny the wonderful gameday atmosphere at Camp Randall
Quite true, the atmosphere is hard to beat. I'll be at the Gopher game next weekend, by the way. I'm looking forward to seeing your new stadium.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I am a fan of the rival Minnesota Gophers but nobody can deny the wonderful gameday atmosphere at Camp Randall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uiBQC2--0w&NR=1
LOL, that was cool! Thanks for showing this as because I've never seen the jump around. Watching the games on tv they never show it, or at least not all the way through, but always talk about how it's a great Camp Randall tradition.

Here's another Youtube vid that shows some Ohio State players doing the jump around along with the crowd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO6aUNpPYco&feature=PlayList&p=178B1DF3218DE189&index=6

·
Registered
19 Posts
From reading around earlier today to get more details on the hockey games at Ford Field, I found out for the first time that a pair of hockey games were outside at this stadium in February. They drew around 55,000.

Photos courtesy of the Sports Madison website at http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/article_028cb368-13b1-11df-bbd6-001cc4c002e0.html and saved onto TinyPic by me:

I used to live in the Midwest so a few times I was at this stadium, but this was when I was a young kid, i.e. many years ago. Even back then I enjoyed the stadium and the young college crowd was pretty crazy.

·
Registered
716 Posts
A short story (in pictures) of Historic Camp Randall
Courtesy of the UW historical society/ with captions

"Camp Randall was a military training ground and a camp for prisoners of war during the Civil War. The stadium would be built on this site in 1915. ca. 1864."

"The first football field at Camp Randall, used from 1893-1914. The stadium was built in 1915. Photograph from 1896."

"An aerial photograph of Camp Randall stadium, built in 1915. ca. 1915-1924."

"An aerial photograph of Camp Randall stadium, built in 1915. ca. 1930-1939."

"The Camp Randall dormitories, located to the east of the stadium, was built between 1938 and 1940 by the Works Progress Administration. The dorms became offices in 1954. ca.1950."

"Camp Randall stadium in use. 1955."

"The upper deck of Camp Randall on game day. 1965." (The UD was added around the time this pic was taken)

AstroTurf! (my caption)

"An aerial photograph of Camp Randall stadium, built in 1915. ca. 1990"

·
Registered
716 Posts
More Camp Randall History:banana::cheers:

clips from
In the Red Zone
part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

part 6

part 7

part 8

part 9

Stadium Tour

Varsity

Please View and Comment (there only like 3-5 min each)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts