SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Entrepreneur
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MADRID, España: Año en el Extranjero

Así, después de una semana muy ocupada primera incluyendo clasificando cosas bancarias, acomodándose en mi nueva casa en las afueras y empezar a trabajar en el centro de asesoramiento lingüístico, por fin tengo tiempo para iniciar este hilo. Planeo actualizar tantos días como sea posible ya que estoy en Madrid casi todos los días con la cámara en mano.

El primer día que estuve aquí, que fue el viernes pasado, era increíblemente húmedo. Tras ser testigo de inundaciones muy mal en Inglaterra a principios de la semana pasada, fue una sorpresa para llegar a Madrid con fuertes lluvias. Sin embargo, desde el domingo el tiempo ha sido mucho mejor y lo que se espera para principios-mediados de otoño en Madrid. Los madrileños me digas que comenzará a hacer frío en noviembre, pero hay personas que piensan que es frío ahora.

De todos modos, disfrutar de esta página y estaré más que feliz de responder a las preguntas o recibir conocimiento de las personas que viven en Madrid y España!

So, after a busy first week including sorting out bank stuff, settling into my new house in the suburbs and starting work at the language consultancy centre, I finally have time to start this thread. I plan to update as many days as possible as I am in Madrid most days with the camera at hand.

The first day I was here, which was last Friday, was incredibly wet. After witnessing very bad flooding in England at the start of the week, it was surprise to arrive in Madrid with heavy rain. However, since Sunday the weather has been much better and what I would expect for early-mid autumn in Madrid. The Madrilenos tell me it will start getting cold in November but there are people who think it is cold now.

Anyway, enjoy this thread and I will be more than happy to answer questions or receive knowledge from people who live in Madrid and Spain!

:)

·
the bestman
677 Posts
Wow! This looks to be a promising thread. Great photos so far.
Muy bien gracias, senor. (I'm not a Spanish but I can speak and understand a little)

·
Entrepreneur
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ Hey thanks! Glad you like the first lot of pictures. There are and will be many more to come. I will tend to explain things in both Spanish and English - as a language consultant here in Madrid I'm sensitive to the need to know languages. :)

·
Bike It!
22,050 Posts
I remember Madrid as a big but beautiful city. A bit dry and hot but we had a great time there a century ago or so. Glad to see this great old lady again!
Nice pictures, keep them coming Mike!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I´ve discovered this thread now. It seems something very promising like someone already said.

Keep them coming Mike. Impressive pictures and very realistic of the grey weather and ambient of the city.

·
Entrepreneur
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember Madrid as a big but beautiful city. A bit dry and hot but we had a great time there a century ago or so. Glad to see this great old lady again!
Nice pictures, keep them coming Mike!
Spot on there. Having lived in London, I would say Madrid is a nice size - not too big and not too small. The constant sunshine is something new from England and a little boring for me as a weather enthusiast but nice all the same. More to come tomorrow. :)

lovely Madrid, thanks for sharing your wonderful photos...:cheers:
Thanks very much. Glad you like! :)

I´ve discovered this thread now. It seems something very promising like someone already said.

Keep them coming Mike. Impressive pictures and very realistic of the grey weather and ambient of the city.
Thanks! It was rather grey the first days I was here but since Sunday it has been mostly very sunny and warm. More photos coming tomorrow. :)

This is going to be a fantastic thread.
Thank you ;)
You're welcome! Thank you for commenting. :)

This seems promising. Madrid through your eyes couldn't get any better. Congrats on the move! :eek:kay:
Haha thank you very much for the compliment. I hope you like the coming photos. The move was certainly quite stressful, finding a place and moving in within the space of 2 days but I'm now settled and very happy. :)

Looking good!

Are you studying Spanish at university?
Thanks! I'm a language consultant here in Madrid so, no, I'm not studying. I visit different schools, companies and people's houses to basically teach English in different contexts. Certainly a good way to see Madrid! :)

·
Entrepreneur
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 461 Posts