Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which structures in Madrid area have public observation decks?
Had Torrespaña and the cross of Valle de los Caídos ever a public observation deck? if there was never an observation deck on the cross of Valle de los Caídos : why is there a funicular running to its base?

·
17,364 Posts
You could get to the base of the cross dime years ago, walking or with the funicular, but was closed due to risk of detachment. The cross also has a lift, but was never opened to public.
Torrespaña has not a deck. You can go to Faro de Moncloa, and I don't know if any of the Four Towers has a restaurant un a high floor. There are also decks in Círculo de Bellas Artes, the town hall of Cibeles, and I'm sure there are some more.

·
Banned
23,869 Posts
Good afteroon, Obelixx:

I recommend, also what you said búho (the moderator), the visit to the Faro de Moncloa, here I pass the information:

Faro de Moncloa

As the expression goes, From Madrid to heaven, because once you've been to Madrid the only place that can top it is paradise itself. Enjoy the city from up high, taking in the wonderful views the Faro de Moncloa affords. Step into the panoramic lift that takes you up 92 metres to the observation deck which stands tall over the heart of Madrid's Ciudad Universitaria. This former transmission tower was built by architect Salvador Pérez Arroyo in 1992, the year in which the city was named European Capital of Culture, and stands at 110 metres tall.

Web (in english): https://www.esmadrid.com/en/tourist...a?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.es%2F
I do not recommend a visit to the Valle de los Caídos, since it is not an observation center because it is quite far from the city of Madrid. It is not advisable to visit this Valle de los Caídos, it would be better if you can observe in the Faro de Moncloa that offers great views of all of Madrid. You can even walk around the Teleférico de Madrid, they give you better views from the Casa de Campo.

I hope to enjoy the best visit of Madrid that has everything.

And I hope that if I understand you well, since I know some English and I hope it helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You could get to the base of the cross dime years ago, walking or with the funicular, but was closed due to risk of detachment. The cross also has a lift, but was never opened to public.
Torrespaña has not a deck. You can go to Faro de Moncloa, and I don't know if any of the Four Towers has a restaurant un a high floor. There are also decks in Círculo de Bellas Artes, the town hall of Cibeles, and I'm sure there are some more.

There is a restaurant at the top of the tower of the Hotel Eurostar. I recommend it to you
Enjoy in Madrid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts