(Water: 157,077 km² (7.5%))

Population: 29,300

Pop. Density: 0.01 /km²

Capital: Iqaluit

more to come later....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Very beautiful. Definately has potential for a lot more ecotourism. Personally, I think Canada is one of those few great countries that boast about its spectacular natural scenery. BTW, got any pics of Iqaluit (the capital city of Nunavut)?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
raymond_tung88 said:
Very beautiful. Definately has potential for a lot more ecotourism. Personally, I think Canada is one of those few great countries that boast about its spectacular natural scenery. BTW, got any pics of Iqaluit (the capital city of Nunavut)?
not to hijack this tread but here are some Iqaluit pics pop ~ 5,000

some pics of public transit in Iqaluit

Bus stop

Bus

Most of the pics come from http://www.arcticcircle.ca/Baffin/Iqaluit/0303/page_04.htm

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are to blame said:
not to hijack this tread but here are some Iqaluit pics pop ~ 5,000
by all means... thanks for adding to the thread! I would love to visit Iqaluit some time. I really enjoy those pics of the legislature... wow. So vast, so far north... what a great country.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Here are a few more Iqaluit pics yo umight like aswell

for anyone that is interested the pics are 2 years old, which may not seem like alot but from what i know iqualit is one of the fastest growing towns in the country and have built alot more buildings including some more townhouse type apartments and more offices

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ellesmere Island

wow!

wow wow wow!

Grise Fiord, most northern town in Canada

The more I google these images, the more astounded I am. Canada has half a world of breathtaking scenery that Canadians take for granted, or rarely think about.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great Canadian scenery. I have always wanted to venture up north. It will come in short order. This is one of the few remaining pure wilderness areas of the world.

As a comparision for those in Europe the size of Nunavut is roughly the same size as Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech Rebublic, Slovakia put together and only has a population of 29,300.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pangnirtung and Auyuittuq National Park

The next few pics are of Mount Thor and it's surrounding area, in Auyuittuq. Mount Thor is well known to climbers all over the world. At 1700 m high, it has a sheer vertical cliff face of nearly 1100 m, the tallest in the world (twice as tall as the CN tower, almost 3 times that of the Empire State building).

I've posted this already before, but I have to post it again. This is Mount Thor. Truly awesome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts