1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ontario

Area: 1,076,395 km²

Population: 12,439,755 Density: 12.94 /km²

Ontario is too large and too diverse to simply cover all at once. Those who have seen the other two Magnificent Canada threads may have noticed I tend to focus on natural beauty over culture and urban form. I also try to find images that are unusual or unique, and that represent parts of the country that may not be well known. I hope these pics change some peoples perspectives. If not, then just enjoy.

Ontario Mountains... the La Cloche range and Killarney Provincial Park

Algoma Region

Georgian Bay

Algonquin

Northwestern Ontario

Muskokas/Haliburton/kawarthas

Wasaga Beach... longest freshwater beach in the world

Ottawa

Far North

Random

I'll end with a pic of a place we're all familiar with, but I guess I should mention it...

...thanks to any forumers whom I may have borrowed from. DrJoe has a bunch in there. Consider me as a photojockey, but don't say 'PJ'... that sounds terrible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow! Ontario is so much more beautiful than it is given credit for! Thanks for enlightening me to this natural beauty. We have such a spectacular country, regardless of all the horrible politics that are attempting to exacerbate an already volatile and fragile unity.
VIVE LE CANADA!

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
Very nice...Ontario is probably the most underrated province as far as natural beauty goes. Definitely has a certain ruggedness to it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Northern Ont is great. Basically where the peopel don't live has some of the greatest scenery. Its all Canadian Sheild with tones of lakes and forests.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
manitoba said:
Wow! Ontario is so much more beautiful than it is given credit for! Thanks for enlightening me to this natural beauty. We have such a spectacular country, regardless of all the horrible politics that are attempting to exacerbate an already volatile and fragile unity.
VIVE LE CANADA!
hey, if I reach at least one person, it was all worth it! :)

Lake Superior

Southern Ontario

30,000 islands.. world largest freshwater archipelago (big pic)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
big W said:
Northern Ont is great. Basically where the peopel don't live has some of the greatest scenery. Its all Canadian Sheild with tones of lakes and forests.
well this is in the city of toronto

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ringil said:
a lot of places are called that... anyway it looks very swedish, midd sweden that is..
the difference is that this is a lake, not an ocean... there's no where else in the world like this.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Algonquin Provincial Park, over 2000km of canoe routes through pristine wilderness...

Random Ontario

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ringil said:
we got some here which are comparable to it..
I'm sorry, you're absolutely right. I thought you were referring to all the litle islands in the Baltic Sea, but there are many freshwater lakes and islands around the Stockholm area that are identical to this. My mistake!

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
the best view in ontario would be in the town of mattawa, ontario...the city is located about 70 km east of north bay and it is on the border of ontario and quebec right beside the mattawa river.....the town is built on a steep valley heading to the river and on the quebec side all you see are beautiful rolling mountains covered with trees

1 - 20 of 28 Posts