·
High-derabaD
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Km from ORR on the Srisailam Highway

The borders haven't been marked properly on Wikimapia
http://wikimapia.org/19262245/Ramky-Discovery-City

From HOK's Flickr Page
Discovery City, an integrated township community, is being developed by the Ramky Group at Srinagar Village along the Srisailam Highway in Hyderabad.

Although the community is located about 40 kms from the city center, it will have excellent connectivity being located 10 km from the new Rajiv Gandhi International Airport and only 1 km from the proposed Outer Ring Road. Hyderabad Airport Development Authority (HADA) has jurisdiction over this area and the 750-acre Discovery City development conforms to the overall Master Plan proposed by HADA.

Given that Ramky Group is a pioneer in waste management and infrastructure development, a lofty challenge was set for the design team to create India’s first “green” live/work/learn community. To meet this challenge, our HOK team established a set of guiding principles with Ramky Group:

* Establish a comprehensive planning framework that encourages people to drive less, walk more, and use mass transit.

* Build a community of neighborhoods with discernible mixed-use centers and a choice of housing types.
Integrate parks and open space with development as “green” infrastructure.
Maximize economic and environmental sustainability.

* Develop a network of connected streets and plan for multi-modal transportation.

·
High-derabaD
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Updates on the project till date:

Integrated township to come up at Srinagar

Source: Times of India

HYDERABAD: Three years after Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) inked an agreement with Ramky Infrastructure Ltd for developing an integrated township at Srinagar village in Maheshwaram mandal, the project is finally set to take off. The HMDA approved the Detailed Project Report (DPR) a couple of days ago and the works are expected to begin by the end of this year.

The township coming up on 750 acres will be executed in three phases. In phase I, which is expected to take off by the end of this year, the private developer Ramky will construct villas and apartments on 374 acres. In phases II and III, the works will be taken up on 175 acres and 200 acres respectively. The entire project is expected to be completed in six years. Srinagar village is about 40 kms from city.

The joint venture project was proposed in 2007 and both HMDA and the private developer signed an agreement in July 2008. The metropolitan authority agreed to develop infrastructure like roads outside the township areas and roads that lead to the township. However, the ambitious project got mired in various problems, including the global meltdown, land acquisition from farmers and court cases. Finally, the developer agreed to execute the project in three phases, following which HMDA approved DPR.
Officials said of the total 750 acres, 200 acres belong to HMDA while the remaining is private land that the developer has to acquire. "HMDA will get Rs 100 crore premium from the developer as part of the agreement. While Rs 25 crore had already been paid at the time of signing of the agreement, another Rs 25 crore will be remitted by Ramky within 30 days of the approval of DPR. The remaining Rs 50 crore will be paid by Ramky in later phases. Apart from the development premium, the urban development authority will also get charges like building permissions and betterment charges from the developer," a senior official of HMDA told TOI.

Sources said, for the phase I works the developer has acquired almost the entire 375 acres needed from farmers who will get cash compensation as well as plots in the developed land. In the phase II, of the 175 acres of land proposed for the integrated township, about 105 acres of land is caught up in legal wrangles as the farmers are opposing the township. For the phase III, of the 200 acres identified for the project in survey No 192 of Srinagar village owned by the revenue department, about 17 acres is mired in court cases.

Since the major chunk of land was assigned to the landless poor by the state government more than a decade ago and the land is being resumed by HMDA not for public purpose, the chief commissioner of land administration has asked HMDA to pay Rs 25 lakh per acre to the RR district administration of which Rs 45 crore would be treated as the land cost and another Rs 13 crore to be given as solatium to the assignees for having resumed their land. But the HMDA metropolitan commissioner reportedly told the RR district officials that they would give 300 sq yards land and some cash to each assignee who stands to lose their land to the township. "The issue has not yet been sorted out. The urban development authority is not in a position to pay the land cost and solatium to the assignees," another official of the HMDA said.

·
High-derabaD
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ramky kicks off work for ‘Discovery City’

Source: Financial Chronicle

The project will be completed in two phases over eight years and will offer apartments in a city environment

Ramky Estates & Farms, a real estate company belonging to the Ramky group, has Kicked off its project ‘Discovery City’, a satellite town near the Shamshabad International Airport in Hyderabad.

The complex promises to offer housing, retail, shopping centres, education, healthcare and recreation services — all under one roof. The 600-acre project has already signed an agreement with the Art of Living Foundation to establish an international school, with the academic session beginning in 2012.

“There will be many integrated townships in the city. The idea is it to provide a walk to work, school and places of entertainment, so that residents go through the same activities that anyone goes through in a city. It is a work, live, learn and play concept,” said Ashish Mathur, CEO of Ramky Integrated Township.

The project will be completed in two phases over eight years, with the first phase covering around 350 acres. Discovery City is connected to Srisailam Highway and is a five-minute drive from the city’s Outer Ring Road. The company proposes to develop villas on 200-300 sq yard plots in a 30-acre gated community. It has also planned apartments ranging in size from 350 sq to 1,550 sq ft. The project has been designed by HOK, which was also involved in designing Lavasa in Pune.

The total investment in the project is estimated at Rs 5,000 crore over 10 years. The company has developed residential properties in Bangalore and is executing projects for high-end apartments and independent villas in metros like Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Visakhapatnam.

“Discovery City is a major project for us. It has been planned to accommodate 60,000 people from every segment of society. Employment opportunities will be created for 100,000 people. Owing to its location and inherent strengths, national and international organisations are expected to set up their commercial operations in Discovery City,” he said.

·
Registered
175 Posts
wow awesome news Prodigist

·
Registered
222 Posts
Aerial Render
too good...I have personally been there and was surprised to see that the school (of sri sri ravishankar group) is already come up and will be fuctional this year. They are starting with stand alone homes as well as apartments anytime now. As of Jan, they were still awaiting approvals.

I am sure the above renders will become a reality, but by when, 5, 10 years? or more is the question!

Adibatla, which is about 15kms is heating up due to TCS and Cognizant, that should provide some amunition for this and Prajay Virgin County.

·
Registered
184 Posts
not much progress i beleive.I last visited the site about 4 months ago. few villas being built and foundation for some others.
this was supposed to be employment generator and focus of commercial activity, instead they are waiting for the area to develop and convert this into a residential property.they were supposed to invest about 5000 crores and all that happened is few villas construction with the money of investors who booked the villa.(except for the sri sri school)
the area will take a long time to develop if at all, fab city/ecity is a non starter and no nearest commercial hub to feed, like LB nagar is about 25 km and gachibowli about 40km.
developments at airport and adibatla will not be a feeder to this area for a long time to come.

·
Registered
20 Posts
not much progress i beleive.I last visited the site about 4 months ago. few villas being built and foundation for some others.
this was supposed to be employment generator and focus of commercial activity, instead they are waiting for the area to develop and convert this into a residential property.they were supposed to invest about 5000 crores and all that happened is few villas construction with the money of investors who booked the villa.(except for the sri sri school)
the area will take a long time to develop if at all, fab city/ecity is a non starter and no nearest commercial hub to feed, like LB nagar is about 25 km and gachibowli about 40km.
developments at airport and adibatla will not be a feeder to this area for a long time to come.
Thanks for the update.

These days I hear lot about E-city, Hardware park in Fab city, also I heard of few projects which were completed or about to complete and people are staying in these place is it true for example:

1) MAK
2) Prajay County ( under construction) but it is huge
3) Vishal Sanjivini ( Under Construction)
4) Aliens Sky Park (
5) Square Avasa.

above projects are big and with good reputation. Don't you think it will be have an impact on the commercial space in future?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any Suggestions?

Guys any Suggestions, I am planning to invest on Srisailam Road?

Thanks for the update.

These days I hear lot about E-city, Hardware park in Fab city, also I heard of few projects which were completed or about to complete and people are staying in these place is it true for example:

1) MAK
2) Prajay County ( under construction) but it is huge
3) Vishal Sanjivini ( Under Construction)
4) Aliens Sky Park (
5) Square Avasa.

above projects are big and with good reputation. Don't you think it will be have an impact on the commercial space in future?

·
Banned
258 Posts
Don't, These companies will most definetely come there due to cheap land and govt incentives.
Natures incentive of low humidity is a big plus for these companies.
But this industry is good for politicians not investors (high number of jobs but low paying)

Also the area has huge huge supply from 2007 boom time plots going dirt cheap

Stick with Hitec city/ Gachibowli areas
Guys any Suggestions, I am planning to invest on Srisailam Road?

·
Good Fellas
5 Posts
Discovery City - Good return with a medium term outlook

Personally I liked the Discovery City project in terms of its planned layout done by HOK, strategic location and integrated nature of development. Yes, the area would take some time for development; however, one with a slightly medium to long term outlook can invest in the project and I am sure would reap the rewards handsomely.

PS: I have invested in two villas in the Gardenia Groove project

·
Registered
20 Posts
Personally I liked the Discovery City project in terms of its planned layout done by HOK, strategic location and integrated nature of development. Yes, the area would take some time for development; however, one with a slightly medium to long term outlook can invest in the project and I am sure would reap the rewards handsomely.

PS: I have invested in two villas in the Gardenia Groove project
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts