SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ayatollah
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my thread on Vasai continues, I've decided to add another set of pictures from my recent India trip - Mumbai, the financial centre of India.

Here are some pictures of South Bombay, one of my favourite places on Earth. It is a mix of the architecture and the street life of the area.

Siddhivinayak Mandir, not in South Bombay (it's in Prabhadevi, between Dadar and Worli, so a fair bit north of South Bombay itself)

Watson's Hotel, located in South Bombay. The oldest surviving cast iron building in India, built in the 1860s. A common tale describes Jamsetji Tata being excluded from the hotel as an Indian, which led him to build the rival Taj Mahal Hotel (profiled later). Although the building is a class II historical structure it is in a decrepit state.

Much more coming up! :cheers:

·
Ayatollah
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hautatma Chowk, formerly Flora Fountain:

the British influence in South Bombay is particularly strong. Hopefully more buildings around old cities in India (most, like Delhi, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad etc. are far older than Bombay's) get restored in the same way

Cheers

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.