SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My only trip (and it was very brief) to Miami was in the summer of 2003. I've been following along with the threads here, but I can't comprehend the amount of development that has taken place in the last 5 years. When I was there I thought "oh wow! look at all that!" but it was all very new, short, and amazing, so I'm not quite sure what to make of all of it in July.

I'm not asking for anyone to spend hours writing out a list of every tower that has gone up, but for just a round number of buildings over (400 feet?) that have gone up. Even easier, places with clusters. For example, I know the Biscayne Wall wasn't there in 2003, so that will be really easy to pick out.

Side note, what sites are can't misses for newcomers? I really don't want to walk aimlessly because I don't know what to do or see for 2 or 3 days before my cruise! :)

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
There's a lot of construction that has occurred since 2003, and way too much to just list. Wikipedia has an amazing list of skyscrapers built since 2003:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Miami

Other non-skyscraper projects are in areas such Midtown, Dadeland, Civic Center, South Beach, Aventura, Sunny Isles, Doral, etc.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Hi,

I'm not asking for anyone to spend hours writing out a list of every tower that has gone up, but for just a round number of buildings over (400 feet?) that have gone up. Even easier, places with clusters. For example, I know the Biscayne Wall wasn't there in 2003, so that will be really easy to pick out. :)
We now have at least 60 buildings over 400 feet tall ^^that are either completed or under construction. I wanted to include a link to the Miami page of Emporis.com, but they are down now. Before your cruise, have lunch in Brickell Village and take a walk down South Miami Avenue. That is where I get my "urbanity at ground level" as Toucano puts it.:lol::)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts