Skyscraper City Forum banner
81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN
38,485 Posts
Speeding on the highway with WiFi

KUALA LUMPUR: Motorists on Maju Expressway (MEX), which connects Kuala Lumpur at Kg. Pandan to Putrajaya, now have another reason to stop at the Seri Kembangan rest and service area: free wireless Internet service.

Motorists can now feast on satay while surfing the Internet. They can also just stop there to check their emails before heading to a meeting and have a teh tarik while doing so!

Maju Expressway Sdn Bhd (MESB) recently completed the installation of wireless internet access points at its rest and service areas on MEX.

Riza Selahettin Khuddus, general manager of MESB, said the public are getting more reliant on the Internet to stay connected with friends and family, and most of all to work.

"MEX connects two major destinations to each other. Kuala Lumpur is the commercial and financial hub of Malaysia and Putrajaya is the government's administrative centre. Motorists who ply our routes are people on-the-go doing business in these two areas. With the availability of WiFi, they can keep up to speed with what's going on at work," said Riza.

"The wireless Internet service is part of our programme to ensure that Maju Expressway provides the best for its users."

Maju Expressway Sdn Bhd has been entrusted and given the responsibility by the government to design, construct, operate, maintain and manage the 26-km MEX.

·
Registered
65 Posts
After exit from the putrajaya link, if you want to save money going to LCCT you can use the B15 road Putrajaya Cyberjaya expressway or previosly called Dengkil Bypass. Hence you can save the toll of Elite highway.

I hope this helps. But one must try to find the B15 which is not too difficult but the signboard are always pointing u to KLIA via Elite. You can look at google map to find out how to get to B15 from the Putrajaya interchange.

·
Registered
103,106 Posts
Maju Expressway a boon for Putrajaya
Tuesday December 29, 2009

SHOULD people pay for parking in Putrajaya?

There are opposing views to this and one resulted in a vehement protest by Putrajaya Umno Youth members over the newly imposed parking charges in Precincts 1 and 14. They marched to the Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Ministry to deliver a memorandum.

The group strongly felt the rakyat should not be burdened in view of the sluggish economy. Perbadanan Putrajaya, like any other local authority, said the charges introduced early this month would reduce the number of errant motorists parking their vehicles wherever they pleased.

Meanwhile, the popularity of the Park-and-Ride areas has yet to pick up as many civil servants still prefer to drive to work. With no solution in sight for the stalled Putrajaya Monorail project, people are naturally reluctant to use the bus service.

The RM400mil project stalled in 2004 and has yet to be revived owing to lack of funds. The plan was to have two monorail lines with 26 stations and a total distance of 20km, divided into 13.2km for Line 1 and 6.8km for Line 2.

Accessibility to Putrajaya improved in terms of the 26km Maju Expressway (MEX). Opened in 1997, it closed the yawning gap between Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya with direct access to Bukit Jalil, Kuchai Lama and Kampung Pandan. The traffic volume on MEX has been increasing steadily with motorists appreciating the short drive to Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya.

Last month, Putrajaya was selected as the location for a pioneer waste separation at source project. It aims to educate residents on the importance of recycling and reducing the amount of domestic waste sent to landfills and dumpsites.

For thrill seekers, the opening of the Putrajaya Challenge Park in June pumped up the adrenaline rush by offering extreme sports like the Wall Climbing Complex, Skate Park and Bike Trail.

Another majestic landmark opened in Putrajaya in the form of the Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Mosque in Precinct 3. Named after the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, the mosque was officially opened in September. The RM208mil mosque caters to 20,000 worshippers.

The Putrajaya Waterski World Cup Championship, held at the Water Sports Complex in November was a big success. Competitors from 80 countries participated in the world-class event.

·
VAMOS RAFA
1,709 Posts
how much is the toll from putrajaya to kl?..
its RM 1.50 at the Salak toll and RM 2.50 at the toll near Cyber..total RM 4.00 = for a sedan car..that was 2008..not sure now

i still remember one fine night when i drove back from KLIA in the wee hours after work..somewhere near salak toll..i saw a white flying object.. not sure hantu or was it my eyes playing trick on me..:nuts:...the following week my friend saw the same thing too..LOL

81 - 100 of 149 Posts