SkyscraperCity Forum banner
17,841 - 17,860 of 18,098 Posts
Mixed-use dev ba kaya ung ilalagay sa former SMDC office sa Osmeña Hway, sa tabi ng hypermarket? Last december kasi naka-fence na ung area.

Makati CBD Updates as of today.

~ Ongoing construction of the new pedestrian underpass along Paseo de Roxas from ATG North to Villar St, in preparation for the opening the former.

~ Ongoing renovation of the pedestrian underpass along Ayala Avenue from Glorietta to Apartment Ridge.

I guess no one in SSC bothers to notice, but BDO Unibank acquired two Citibank towers in 2017. The said buildings will undergo rebranding as BDO Tower Paseo (Citibank Center) and BDO Tower Valero (Citibank Tower). Observing the first photo above I posted, the ground level of BDO Tower Paseo (Citibank Center) already changed its logo. The most interesting part, one of the 70's era BDO Towers will be demolished for possible redevelopment, along with the former Gercon Plaza. To sum it up, SM (BDO) controls seven out of nine buildings along the prime block of Makati Avenue and Paseo de Roxas, so gentrification will be necessary to respond with Ayala Land (ATG North and PCT) and Bridgebury Realty (Zuellig).

If SM Prime was doing great with its E-Com Center in MOA Complex, then I guess BDO will do the same in Makati CBD in a high-rise setting.

The new/old ‘BDO Towers’

Philippine Daily Inquirer via PressReader | February 3, 2021

A few weeks ago, tenants of what is known as Citibank Tower were formally informed that their building was about to have a change of name.
Biz Buzz learned that, very soon, not one but two Citibank Towers—the newer one completed in 1995 along Valero Street and the older built a decade earlier facing Paseo de Roxas—will soon carry the name “BDO Tower.”

The older building will be named “BDO Tower Paseo” while the newer one, classified as Grade-A office space, will be called “BDO Tower Valero.” Of course, it was known as early as 2017 that BDO Unibank of the Sy family had acquired a substantial stake in both buildings, including 15 out of the 35 floors of the newer structure.

Back then, word on the street was that the country’s largest bank paid P200,000 per square meter, a record for a building that was considered “old” (in relative terms, of course). But nowadays, it looks like a bargain (again, relatively). We have it on good authority that the headquarters of BDO—the country’s largest financial institution—will soon be moved to Citiba... excuse us ... we mean the soon-to-be-renamed “BDO Towers.”

That’s because the existing BDO Towers — the white pair of 1970s-era buildings on either side of Dela Rosa Costa Streets along Makati Avenue—will soon be torn down.

Makati CBD Skyline as seen from Ayala Malls Circuit Roof Deck.

Bike lanes along J.P. Rizal St. Much better if they used other paint color and putting proper bike markings to distinguish it.

Naka kita lang un mga cities ng ibang pagkakakitaan besides sa gasgas na basketball courts sa mga kalsada. Also dahil walang beauty pageant bike lanes kuno muna un projects nila. I seriously doubt the seriousness of this bike lane projects. I wonder how much money was alotted by each cities in demarcating bike lanes.

Naka kita lang un mga cities ng ibang pagkakakitaan besides sa gasgas na basketball courts sa mga kalsada. Also dahil walang beauty pageant bike lanes kuno muna un projects nila. I seriously doubt the seriousness of this bike lane projects. I wonder how much money was alotted by each cities in demarcating bike lanes.
Hayayay. I hate to rant, pero I share your frustration. Sagwa nung pilit na markings. Nakakaalangan pa rin magbike diyan.
Saka unknown talaga sa atin yung aesthetics. :(

^^ Ang Kyusi, seryoso talaga sa bike infrastructure. Kanya-kanyang diskarte ang mga LGU pagdating diyan, some favors 12.5% of MM population that owns or borrows a car kaya kulelat sa ganyan like Makati.
Pag sa JP Rizal din lang ng Makati, parang mas gugustuhin mo pa magdrive pa rin ng sasakyan keysa bike.
Sana may incentive kapag bumili ng bike - for example, tax holiday ka ng 1 year. :D

I just came from there. There were only a few people at the mall. Walang kumakain. Close pa din Hole In The Wall. It's a waste of time and P50 bucks parking fee for going there.
Dati noong buhay pa erpat ko, mahilig siya kumain sa Conti's dun.
Personally, I think okay naman ang Century Mall..........for what it is.

As a (current) Makati resident, I would go there once in a while

Citibank Center is now BDO Towers Paseo. Taken today.

I guess no one in SSC bothers to notice, but BDO Unibank acquired two Citibank towers in 2017. The said buildings will undergo rebranding as BDO Tower Paseo (Citibank Center) and BDO Tower Valero (Citibank Tower). Observing the first photo above I posted, the ground level of BDO Tower Paseo (Citibank Center) already changed its logo. The most interesting part, one of the 70's era BDO Towers will be demolished for possible redevelopment, along with the former Gercon Plaza. To sum it up, SM (BDO) controls seven out of nine buildings along the prime block of Makati Avenue and Paseo de Roxas, so gentrification will be necessary to respond with Ayala Land (ATG North and PCT) and Bridgebury Realty (Zuellig).

If SM Prime was doing great with its E-Com Center in MOA Complex, then I guess BDO will do the same in Makati CBD in a high-rise setting.

The new/old ‘BDO Towers’

Philippine Daily Inquirer via PressReader | February 3, 2021
As an aside, I didn't know BDO already owns the Citibank buildings in Makati. If we're including the BDO-Equitable Tower farther down, that's already 7 buildings it owns in the Makati Avenue-Paseo de Roxas corridor.

If BDO is intent on building a Makati "campus", I can see the Citibank area+BDO Plaza will be the west (or south) campus and the BDO towers+Gercon will be the east (or north) campus.

Yes, kay BDO rin yung glassy na former Equitable Bank Tower. Two buildings na lang hindi nakuha ni BDO sa Paseo de Roxas/Makati Ave block, yung UCPB and Peninsula Court.

Whoa :O
Hindi ba may BDO building din just one minute away (e.g. yung dating Equitable Bank Tower)???

So yung buong street is BDO haha
They found a way :D

Yes, kay BDO rin yung glassy na former Equitable Bank Tower. Two buildings na lang hindi nakuha ni BDO sa Paseo de Roxas/Makati Ave block, yung UCPB and Peninsula Court.
I see I see.
Halos parehas lang ng BPI sa intersection ng Paseo De Roxas and Ayala Avenue.
-Headquarters
PLUS
-Branch sa may Enterprise Center Makati
-Branch sa may Insular Life Building
-And I think may branch din sa Makati Stock Exchange

WE ARE EVERYWHERE :D

^^ah, you work with BPI. how is it like working with BPI?
sharing with you guys some pics taken yesterday. I dunno if I should be happy that it's quiet and there's no traffic, or I might start to miss the good old days when the city is bustling with life and activity.

Greenbelt to the right, ~10am

To GB4. Many shops in GB3 are closed.

One pleasant surprise around Ayala Center outdoors is - mobile data can reach as high as 330mbps DL speeds. Gowifi is also fast inside Glorietta.

17,841 - 17,860 of 18,098 Posts