Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 or less

41 - 60 of 794 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
^^^ you guys all have a valid point there however, this Shang Tower will most likely have the cemetery views for half of all its units. So given the site & other considerations, i would rather buy a unit facing Buendia Ave and the cemetery instead of the other side w/c is pure concrete jungle unless you'll choose a really high floor for your use or as investment.

But then again, if given better options i also wouldn't prioritize buying properties near a cemetery or the like.

The Jazz Ressidences nearby have around 40% of their units facing the cemetery and i think its pretty much sold out.

·
Benz
461 Posts
apparently, a lot of condos/office buildings in the bgc have a view of the libingan ng mga bayani and u.s. memorial cemeteries. i don't know what the tenants of these buildings have to say, considering that those cemeteries are well-maintained with no trees to cover, obstruct, or conceal them (unlike the manila south cemetery, which is thick with trees), making their tombs and markers clearly visible from their condo or office windows even in the dark of the night, but more especially during the full moon.

i also want to say that filipinos are no longer the supertitious type of people (except probably presidential sister kris aquino, who's a deadset feng shui believer), to the extent that, in preparation for their eventual journey in the afterlife, they have now been buying/investing for their own or loved ones' plots (butas), mausoleums or tombs in cemeteries or columbariums. such a thing was dreaded or 'malas' notion decades ago. that's why we have the manila memorial cemeteries and loyola memorial parks within housing areas in cities like paranaque and marikina, and a lot other memorial parks in the metropolis all over the country. ask the people living around these so-called memorial parks if it's 'malas' to live there? pinaganda lang ang tawag, pero sementeryo pa rin, di ba?

personally, rather than being scared, i'd rather be practical in buying a condo unit. would i want to buy a condo unit facing the sea, where a natural calamity like a tsunami can wipe out, eliminate everything on its path including the building where my condo unit is located (think of japan)? that for me is not only impractical but even very scary.

worse, would i buy a condo unit in a building constructed on a reclaimed area like the manila bay? hmmm, hindi siguro. duon na lang ako sa jazz o sa shang tower salcedo, matigas at matatag pa lupa duon.

have a Happy 4th everyone!

·
One Of A Kind!
2,654 Posts
Even Gram with its height has a view of the cemetery. Cemeteries are necessities, so they are not bad. We are all meant to die, and to die, we cannot avoid. It's part of our life. In every town, there is a cemetery near the neighborhood. What's wrong with that? I would rather be near a cemetery than near a garbage dumping site. I lived in Olympia before near that cemetery and I had a happy and prolific life.

Some people post anything just for the sake of posting.

·
Benz
461 Posts
exactly!

bel-air village, san miguel village, and santiago subdivision in makati. these three villages, two of them upscale, are all within the proximity of the makati catholic cemetery. in fact, bel-air village and santiago subdivision's next fence neighbor is the said cemetery. are the residents there complaining? mind you, the price and value of their properties have gone ten-folds since they first bought them. lucky them because they can only complain that many interested parties want to buy their properties! that's feng shui for you (which was a never-heard-of thingy until kris aquino started yakking on tv).

consider that these three villages share reposo street, the road leading to makati catholic cemetery if you are coming from jp rizal street or buendia avenue. in other words, reposo street is the last leg for any funeral procession to makati catholic cemetery. but look, the superstitious in us, especially the doomsayers who say 'malas kasi daanan ng patay', have only to check what's going on in reposo street.

reposo is a thriving 24/7 business and commercial area with office buildings, rows of pubs and restaurants catering to international cuisine, furniture and antique shops, hospitals, dental clinics, supermarkets and convenience stores, etc, and now the jazz condominium towers fast rising in the area. and can i find a shop where i can buy flowers for the dead? nadah!

the place continues to be featured in several magazines as the place to go for anything that you need - appliances, furniture, medical, office spaces, dining, dental, shopping, leisure, etc etc.

is the place 'malas' as some doomsayers claim it to be? is the place scary as some try to picture it to be?

go and visit reposo to find out the answers for yourself, and if the dreaded feng shui has any effect on the area.

·
Visionary
1,147 Posts
Very eloquently put. LOL. And I agree. Whoever told Kris Aquino she could act should be imprisoned. LOL. Also, cemetery views aren't all too bad. They are just some of the greenest spots you could find in the city, and having some greenery to look at from your view can be soothing and meditative. Just my two cents. LOL

·
Registered
310 Posts
concerning cemetary views. To each their own I guess. For me personally, even if you don't take into account the views. I think the location for me is not really that good and since its a Shangrila project it will be unbelievably expensive, so not really worth it for me. When I visited makati a few months ago I really liked, I think its Senta but not really sure. It was being built across a park, very nice and also I like walking distance to greenbelt. Also, I think out of all the shang properties on offer I think the one at the fort will be the best investment out of all of them.

·
Registered
688 Posts
If the cemetery view is from a far distance then it might not matter compared to the Jazz cemetery view. Like I mentioned before to you it might not be a big issue. It might be an issue if you decide to sell or rent the place.

concerning cemetary views. To each their own I guess. For me personally, even if you don't take into account the views. I think the location for me is not really that good and since its a Shangrila project it will be unbelievably expensive, so not really worth it for me. When I visited makati a few months ago I really liked, I think its Senta but not really sure. It was being built across a park, very nice and also I like walking distance to greenbelt. Also, I think out of all the shang properties on offer I think the one at the fort will be the best investment out of all of them.
Agree with you on this. Not to excited about the location of the project.
For my taste I believe there will be other options in the Makati area.

Like you said its a Shangrila project it will be expensive. I know a view is just one of the factors you consider when investing in a condo. With that being said, if I am going to spend that much money on a condo. I won't compromise anything - It has to be what I want. If the view is that important to me and its between an unattractive concrete jungle or cemetery view. Then I'll take a look at a different project.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
ang dilim din dyan sa may lugar na yan ng buendia kaya nakakatakot maglakad sa gabi. nung nakaraang bakasyon ko ay madalas akong dumaan dyan pag gabi/madaling araw dahil hinahatid ko yung friend ko sa bel air.

·
Registered
310 Posts
exactly!

bel-air village, san miguel village, and santiago subdivision in makati. these three villages, two of them upscale, are all within the proximity of the makati catholic cemetery. in fact, bel-air village and santiago subdivision's next fence neighbor is the said cemetery. are the residents there complaining? mind you, the price and value of their properties have gone ten-folds since they first bought them. lucky them because they can only complain that many interested parties want to buy their properties! that's feng shui for you (which was a never-heard-of thingy until kris aquino started yakking on tv).

consider that these three villages share reposo street, the road leading to makati catholic cemetery if you are coming from jp rizal street or buendia avenue. in other words, reposo street is the last leg for any funeral procession to makati catholic cemetery. but look, the superstitious in us, especially the doomsayers who say 'malas kasi daanan ng patay', have only to check what's going on in reposo street.

reposo is a thriving 24/7 business and commercial area with office buildings, rows of pubs and restaurants catering to international cuisine, furniture and antique shops, hospitals, dental clinics, supermarkets and convenience stores, etc, and now the jazz condominium towers fast rising in the area. and can i find a shop where i can buy flowers for the dead? nadah!

the place continues to be featured in several magazines as the place to go for anything that you need - appliances, furniture, medical, office spaces, dining, dental, shopping, leisure, etc etc.

is the place 'malas' as some doomsayers claim it to be? is the place scary as some try to picture it to be?

go and visit reposo to find out the answers for yourself, and if the dreaded feng shui has any effect on the area.

Like I said before these factors ONLY affects your property if the cemetary is DIRECTLY viewed from your property. The houses in these subdivisions are like only 2 to 3 storeys high, their view is the next door neighbours beautiful, well manicured garden, NOT a cemetary. So how would the cemetary affect the value of these houses?

Also I would like to point out to you that every single road has been, one time or another, been through a funeral possesion. Normal practice in a funeral prossesion is starting from the deasesed persons house and ending in the cemetary. Therefore, we can safely assume that EVERY single road has been part of a funeral possesion one time or another. So I don't think just because a coffin passes through your house it will affect the value of it.

Lastly, these subdivisions are enclosed in a 10m high gated walls so they would never see the cemetary or the funeral prossesion so that's why the cemetary has no affect on these properties. Whereas, it does affect this Shangrila highrise project as you can DIRECTLY see the cemetary.

·
Registered
62 Posts
why not just move the cemetery elsewhere? come on guys, let's not have a petty debate about the cemetery vs. non-cemetery view. It's pointless, IMHO. let's concentrate on the future of this project. renders and site updates would be nice. have a great day everyone! :)

i'm pretty sure this will be another Shang-grand tower in the making.

·
Green + Maroon = Blue. :D
8,240 Posts
why not just move the cemetery elsewhere?
I don't think the City of Manila has the money to afford moving the Manila South Cemetery elsewhere.

Just a heads-up: the Manila South Cemetery, though within the City of Makati, is actually an exclave of Manila proper. So Junjun Binay and his cohorts can't do anything about the cemetery unless Alfredo Lim does.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
why not just move the cemetery elsewhere? come on guys, let's not have a petty debate about the cemetery vs. non-cemetery view. It's pointless, IMHO. let's concentrate on the future of this project. renders and site updates would be nice. have a great day everyone! :)

i'm pretty sure this will be another Shang-grand tower in the making.
I hope so, Shang Grand is one of my favourite buildings :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I don't think the City of Manila has the money to afford moving the Manila South Cemetery elsewhere.

Just a heads-up: the Manila South Cemetery, though within the City of Makati, is actually an exclave of Manila proper. So Junjun Binay and his cohorts can't do anything about the cemetery unless Alfredo Lim does.
really? parang bgc pala, nasa taguig but if one looks around puro makati houses ang nasa vicinity.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope so, Shang Grand is one of my favourite buildings :)
Yes, it is one of the very few iconic residential buildings in Makati right now and if my budget allows it in the future, I will definitely buy one unit there. Everything inside-out is being taken cared of very well, it really deserves the name "GRAND". :cheers1:

·
MARCUS
216 Posts
Haven't seen a vicinity map yet for this project. But looking at a generic map below, it's at the upper right part of the it just across the Baptist Church, near the red arrow.

Not Ateneo GSB but Ateneo Center for Continuing Educ. Same place where Saudi Embassy is. Along dela Costa lang yun di ba? In above map it's actually labelled Ateneo Professional School Bldg. ;)
sorry to trouble but where did you buy this map ? its a nice clear easy to view map i am searching for thanks reply

41 - 60 of 794 Posts