SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 1457 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Aquamadoor said:
so no more of this?

or is that in a different place?
Aqua, that is the plan for Phaholyothin transportation center at Bangsue. Not for Makkasan.
By the way, I think the design of the twin tower is not that bad. Again, the tallest building of Bangkok will stand alone like BaiyokeII.
I hope there will be some 300m+ highrises in the middle of Silom, Sathorn, Ploenchit or Asoke. :)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Very bold plan. I like it!!
Another 300m+ highrise proposed for Bangkok sounds good to me. I want to see it materialised.
Good idea to build a new convention center here (though we already have IMPACT Muang Thong Thani and BITEC) because the site is more ideally located. People can get to and from it straight from the City Air Terminal (15minutes trip from airport).
But 8,500 hotel rooms..they'll need to attract a lot of tourists there.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Personally, I don't like these kinds of mega building projects...There's no individuality and it all feels fake somehow

·
Or is it?
10,767 Posts
yea.. that too.. it will look like a fake 'downtown' because it wasn't an accumilation but more of a single placement.

·
38,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
kuanteen said:
Personally, I don't like these kinds of mega building projects...There's no individuality and it all feels fake somehow
I thought u ssaid Putrajaya was very nice...;), just picking on ya ;)

·
38,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hitest, The Government already focussing on Developing Human resources and life quality expectancy.

This is just the State Railway of Thailand's bussineses that try to make the waste un-used land to profitability that can over comes the lost anf lack of profits even since oporation started.

It's a total-different isssue that comparing the nescessssary propose of government with this project, both has nothing to do with eachother.

·
38,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i get what you are saying, but don't you think instead of spending all this money on construction it would be more efficient to auction land plots and rights to construction?
Thats what they do, from the total investment of almost 20 billions baht will seperated in to 3 parts for 3 different investers to diffuse the risks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think SRT or Government won't finance this project by their own.
They should give a concession to those expert real estate investors, but investors must follow the master plan and pay back SRT for rental, like central lad phrao.

But who's gonna invest for that 90-storey twin towers?
Maybe goverment should hand on it - issue city development bond?

·
38,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
bizbote said:
But who's gonna invest for that 90-storey twin towers?
Maybe goverment should hand on it - issue city development bond?

I will.

:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
^
if our approximation is correct that the tower will be 300-350m, then it's still gonna be shorter than the Petronas which is 452m. and it's just gonna be slightly taller than the Baiyoke II (303m).

btw, u guys don't like the design of those twin towers? i think i like it. looks pretty cool and futuristic, esp that ball in the middle..

umm..prolly, it would be nice to have 'triplets' instead of twins ...hehehe

21 - 40 of 1457 Posts